Temperature is supposed to drop 30 degrees before dawn

soundchaser59

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
in the Yukon is snowed about 2 feet , then the wind came up and blew it all away in about 4 hours dry snow , cold is a state of mind if you tell your self you are cold then you will become cold . I just put on a hoodie to shovel this , no sweat!
Pull up a lawn chair and sit still for awhile. See how long you can tell yourself you are warm.

d barham

Tele-Afflicted
13F here in Halfway. Usually content to be outside, Betty and Corrina opted for warmer conditions this morning.
71B3DA1A-BD7B-4580-81D1-6BD6CD885ED1.jpeg

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Heavy Frost last night. Mid 20's. We are 60 miles (just up the road by AZ standards) from Mexico.
And it does wonders for killing off the unwanted insects too!

Keeps them rattlers in their holes too!

I was able to let Daisy dog run free in the desert with no concerns! Not even cactus where I was!

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Pull up a lawn chair and sit still for awhile. See how long you can tell yourself you are warm.

when i was in the yukon if I had to use the out house I would go out in my parka and boots ,

in all reality I can last about 10-15 min then I have to warm up , at about -10 C i'll put on a hoody , I some times will go out on the back deck to fill the bird feeders in bare feet , I'm not stupid and have suffered from frost bite in the yukon ( nose ,ears and fingers) so they are a great indicator for me they will tell me if I've been out too long, but I estmate about 10-15 minutes in -10 C , gloves on at -20 C and a hot cup of coffee when i come in, but its a state of mind . If i get cold ( core temp drop) then i know Im not well, but that very rarely happens.

where I live in Kamloops is very reminescent of the cold in the yukon dry cold (temp was more extreme but still dry), not like the sloppy wet crap that falls in Vancouver where 0 C is cold to the bone due to high humidity and you cant get warm

Last edited:

soundchaser59

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
when i was in the yukon if I had to use the out house I would go out in my parka and boots ,

in all reality I can last about 10-15 min then I have to warm up , at about -10 C i'll put on a hoody , I some times will go out on the back deck to fill the bird feeders in bare feet , I'm not stupid and have suffered from frost bite in the yukon ( nose ,ears and fingers) so they are a great indicator for me they will tell me if I've been out too long, but I estmate about 10-15 minutes in -10 C , gloves on at -20 C and a hot cup of coffee when i come in, but its a state of mind . If i get cold ( core temp drop) then i know Im not well, but that very rarely happens.
My formative years were one block from the desert in Texas. So I get frost bite in about 10 minutes if the temp goes below 50. Hoodie below 70, add long sleeves under it if it's below 60, add long johns below 40. My retirement will definitely be south of Nebraska.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
My formative years were one block from the desert in Texas. So I get frost bite in about 10 minutes if the temp goes below 50. Hoodie below 70, add long sleeves under it if it's below 60, add long johns below 40. My retirement will definitely be south of Nebraska.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and we both have rattlesnakes in our back yard!

Redleg37

Tele-Meister
I got in a spat with my wife yesterday while driving. She wanted to turn the AC in the car on. It was 0 (-17.7c) degrees outside.

today the high temp is 41

More than 40 degrees different in 24 hours

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
It looks like snow expected here in Maryland Monday morning.

You know what’s exasperating? “Daily” weather predictions in a phone or ipad weather app that show upon first glance, the low for “that day” as an absolute 24 hour span of time, midnight-to-midnight, regardless of whether that low is in the past, in the wee hours of “today”, or is yet to come in the late hours of the coming night. Although it is technically correct according to some software program, that is NOT useful for how human beans think of “today”. I was a programmer once and learned you should make software more user friendly than that.