Tell us your single favorite OD pedal!

D_Malone

Tele-Afflicted
If I have to pick just one it’s the Timmy. It’s so versatile and sounds great in so many applications. It can be dialed in to work with any amp/rig.

It does have limitations, though. I consider it a clean boost/low gain/medium gain OD. It doesn’t really do high gain/saturated.

Lies&Distortion

Tele-Afflicted
My VFE Rat copy, whatever it's called, or a SD-1 are the ones that stick around, but I have a bunch that I rotate. I seem to prefer those.

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
Greer Lightspeed. Tried/owned many others. The LS is the best one yet, adds just the right touch of drive I'm looking for. I looked for another OD for a smaller board, had to be a mini. The one that soundest closest to the LS in youtube clips is the Wampler Belle. Trying that now. So far, that one seems to be working well for me too.

8bitlooper

TDPRI Member
Today it’s my Timmy (But I’ve been playing my tele/Tex amp almost exclusively). Closest runner up is the Nordland ODR-C. Could live with either

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
No way I have just one favorite.
A few that are high include:
DOD250 based Oddfellow Cave Man
Klon based JRAD Archer Ikon
Bogner Ecstasy Blue (both sizes)
Bogner Ecstasy Red mini
ZVex Distortron

Urban

Tele-Meister
My favourite at the moment is Lovepedal Deluxe that I usually use for a very mild overdrive just to compress tone a bit, but I like it's EQ a lot that helps me fatten the tone a bit.

Here's the video I did:

Second favourite has to be the Champ, but I like the Deluxe more for the versatility.

Fret Fretterson

TDPRI Member
Tim

I really like the bass and treble tone controls. It was also the first real effects pedal I got after borrowing one from a friend and being amazed at the sounds I could get... my first “holy cow” experience with a pedal.

RYAN1987M

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
If I must choose one, the SolidGoldFX Zeta is astoundingly good with a Tele's bridge pickup...

WFt7U1Z.jpeg

Bob Arbogast

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I like this post.
Tell me, have you ever had/played the FB1, or 3? And if so, hows the 2 compare? I have the FB1, and have heard the 2 is “tweedy” sounding compared to it.
Either way, the red looks mighty fine.
I only ever played a FB1 once, years ago. My recollection is that it was too fat for my tastes, woofy!

I've had a FB3 a couple of times, but they didn't do it for me. Seems like everything needs to be turned way up to get much out of it.

I don't know if the FB2 sounds "tweedy" (whatever that means!). I just set it so it give some "edge" (whatever that means).