1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tell us your dreams

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Larry F, Aug 18, 2009.

1. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

I have a dream similar to Larry and Sean79 about being in school. It happens every once in a while where I'm in college and I keep skipping classes for weeks at a time. Then I worry about how I am going to pass the class. I'm not sure if its related but I keep thinking it has something to do with the fact that many years ago I quit school mid semester. I went back to a different school the next year and did graduate but this dream keeps coming back.

2. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Yeah, the teeth thing. I've had that. And smoking. In real life I quit smoking after 20 years of it. I was successful (still), but in my dreams I would smoke, then realize that I had gone back to the habit. I didn't feel that good when I awoke, even though you might think I would. Flying, yup. Usually inside a house where I just kind jump to the ceiling and slowly flip. I also used to fly just above housetop level. Then music. In real life, I quit playing in bands at one time. For the next 15 years, I would dream that I was on stage with my best band, and they were laying down an incredible groove. I had amps and my 1954 strat. But I could not figure out how to plug the cable in. No lie. Make of that what you will. I also compose little melodies that I remember when I awake, especially in the middle of the night. But because I'm a composer, I do this all the time anyway. Wait, I can't sing worth beans, but I have had dreams of standing up on a bar room table and singing with the most incredible voice ever.

3. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

I dreamed last night that someone stole all of my gear.
    Not fun.

4. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

I wonder how universal the teeth thing is. I've had that one a few times. The weird thing is how it feels; it just feels so real during the dream. I'd mention something about Larry's instrument cable problems, but the rules say we're not supposed to laugh at anyone's dreams in this thread...

5. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

I had a dream that I owned a boatload of shares in AIG, LEH, FNM, C, and the financial markets collapsed, making the shares virtually worthless. I can't seem to wake up from that one. Ouch.

6. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

You guys may be grinding your teeth during your sleep. It is a more common problem than one would believe. The dentist can tell if it is happening by looking at the wear on your teeth. If so, there is a night-time mouth piece that is available.

7. octatonic

octatonic Poster Extraordinaire

I have falling and floating dreams.

8. brewwagon

brewwagon Poster Extraordinaire

super big pipeline on a huge northwest swell having to make a last ride- closed out section everything goes super slow motion and then the wave sucks out exposing the ugly razor sharp reef bottom

in technocolor with hungry tiger sharks stinging jellyfish angry hawaiians polynesian drums and dick dale style ukulele background music

bw

9. dijos

dijos Tele-Afflicted

I have a recurring dream like larry's where I somehow forgot to take a class in high school, and they make me go back. like for the whole semester. I keep thinking," but they let me into college- I already have a degree-why am I here"

10. brewwagon

brewwagon Poster Extraordinaire

backtracking glitch

11. tuuur

tuuur Friend of Leo's

Nice topic!

I have a recurring dream where I return to my college town, go to the flat I lived in and discover that my old rooms are for rent. I move in, thinking: that's nice!, all the time knowing that I graduated and have a job.

Another one is walking to my work underdressed, which is odd because I live 30km from my work and always drive by car.

Yet another recurring dream, that I thankfully didn't have for a long time, is waking up, sitting on the edge of my bed, ready to go to the bathroom to take a shower... and noticing I'm also still lying on my bed... I panic, lie down, there's a click and now I'm just laying down, not sitting anymore... but I cannot control my body, cannot breathe heavier though I need more air because I'm panicking, cannot move my arms though I try frantically to move them... and then suddenly sit up panting.
    REALLY scary, I can tell you.

12. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

I was once out strolling one very hot summer's day
    When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest
    in a big field of tall grass
    I lay there in the sun and felt it caressing my face

And I fell asleep and dreamed
    I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
    And that I was the star of the movie
    This really blew my mind, the fact that me,
    an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome
    should be the star of a Hollywood movie

But there I was, I was taken to a place, the hall of the mountain kings
    I stood high upon a mountain top, naked to the world
    In front of every kind of girl, there was
    black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones...

Out of the middle came a lady
    She whispered in my ear something crazy
    She said:

Spill the wine and take that pearl, Spill the wine and take that pearl

I thought to myself what could that mean
    Am I going crazy or is this just a dream
    Now, wait a minute
    I know I'm lying in a field of grass somewhere
    so it's all in my head
    and then.. I heard her say one more time:

I could feel hot flames of fire roaring at my back
    As she disappeared, but soon she returned
    In her hand was a bottle of wine, in the other, a glass
    She poured some of the wine from the bottle into the glass
    And raised it to her lips
    And just before she drank it, she said:

13. JG806

JG806 Tele-Holic

+1 on these weird school dreams. Actually +2 because my wife has the same type dreams. I have them probably about every couple of months. I think they are somehow stress related but I don't know how that relates back to college. Maybe that was more stress full than we all realize. As for me, there actually were several classes that I scraped by because of poor attendance and poor effort as well.

14. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

I don't dream... :neutral:

15. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

I'm sure you dream, but you may just not remember.

16. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

I have some problems with my back and neck.

I crash and burn or I'm awake.... :D

17. Chuck 909

Chuck 909 Tele-Meister

I've never had recurring dreams. I did dream one time that Mike Tyson invited me over his house. I get there and it's a house on stilts about a foot above the water on the shore of a lake, looks like Lake Tahoe. It a nice suburban type house but it's over the water. I cross this little walkway and knock on the door. Mike answers it, flashes that toothy grin and says in his high-pitched voice, "Hi Chuck, come on in!" So Mike is showing me around his house, he has museum quality old master paintings on the walls, Persian carpets on the floor, ancient Chinese vases on these stands with accent lights shining on them, etc. I'm impressed and I say, "Gee Mike, this is a really nice house, I'm impressed, I thought you were a barbarian!" He smiles and says, "Nah, that's just my public image." So he shows me around some more and we go into the kitchen and it looks just like Martha Stewart's kitchen like she used to have on TV or in her magazine or whatever. Mike gets some orange juice out of this nice looking stainless steel refrigerator and pours me a glass. We sit down at the kitchen table and we're talking about politics and world events and he's really, really, well informed and seems to always have a perfect opinion/point of view about everything. Like he's really put a lot of thought into his answers. I'm aware of the incongruity of what is coming out of his mouth contrasted with his appearance, tattoo's etc. Mike says "Hey, you want to see my library?" He opens these big double doors and he's got a large room with floor to ceiling bookshelves and just thousands of books. I really wanted to see what was in some of those books because I love books, but at that point I woke up. :lol:

Yeah, I know, pretty weird.

18. Wardpike

Wardpike Friend of Leo's

I dream about alternative realities

I also have dreams where Earth's gravity has little to no effect on me.

Let us now laugh!

19. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

This dream I've had 4-5 times since I lost my dad 1.5 yr. ago:

I'm walking at night and it is really cold. I'm going to the family reunion of my dad's side of the family. Freezing, gloomy, wet feet and hungry. The mist and wind just make the tall trees on either side of the road spookier. I can see the sky in between the trees so I know I'm still on the road.

Headlights way off in the distance coming. I wonder if it is someone bad, or someone that is going to splash ice water on me as they go by. As the lights get closer the vehicle begins to slow and I can finally make out that it is an old maroon and white Ford pickup - just like in my youth, walking home from sports practices.
    I am SO happy and relieved to see my dad's pickup - just like in my youth.
    I get into the warm cab and it is my dad driving. He shifts the old 3 speed just like I had forgotten and smiles at me. I talk endlessly, knowing that he already knows everything I've been through during the time he's been gone. He doesn't talk.

Somehow-or-other he picked me up on a country road outside of Snohomish Washington and in just a few minutes drops me off at the family reunion in Brackettville Texas.

I get out and look at him for a minute but I know he can't come in. I close the door and see his plaid jacketed arm move the shifter into first gear. He drives away into the darkness.

I go inside but I don't want to be there - just like these days.

Somebody PLEASE analyze that one for me.

20. Joel Terry

Joel Terry Poster Extraordinaire

My recurring dream:

At night, while I'm asleep, a huge Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut rolls out of the woods and into my backyard. And I mean huge, like 10'/3m-diameter huge.

The doughnut slowly rolls up to my bedroom window and starts honking--loudly--like a car horn. It honks "shave and a haircut, two bits" over and over while butting up against the side of the house. Of course, this incessant, loud honking not only rouses me from my (dream) sleep, it infuriates me.

So, I jump out of bed, and, as I'm running for the back door, I grab a mop/baseball or cricket bat/shovel/golf club/stick lamp/saxophone/etc. (it changes from dream to dream); I run outside and toward the honking doughnut, and I start yelling and swearing and beating the hell out of the doughnut with my mop/baseball or cricket bat/shovel/golf club/stick lamp/saxophone/etc. This, unfortunately, causes the doughnut's horn to get stuck in a continuous, blaring *BHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNN*

Now, I start freaking out because I know the blaring, stuck horn will surely wake up the entire neighborhood. I frantically hop around, beating the doughnut in an attempt to shut it up, but to no avail; in fact, the doughnut starts rolling madly about the backyard. As I chase after it, the doughnut utterly demolishes my tool shed, flattens my wife's flower garden, crashes through a fence and hedgerow into my neighbor's yard, then out into the street.

By this time, lights are coming on throughout the neighborhood, and I start hissing "Blahst...blahst!" through my clenched teeth, à la the scene in Dr. Strangelove where Group Captain Mandrake discovers that the phone to SAC has been destroyed. I chase the blaring doughnut down the street, swinging furiously at it with my mop/baseball or cricket bat/shovel/golf club/stick lamp/saxophone/etc. Suddenly, flashing blue lights and a quick *whoopwhoop* of a siren let me know that the cops have arrived.

Apparently oblivious to the huge, honking glazed doughnut rolling past their squad cars, a couple of police officers scream, "DROP THE MOP/BASEBALL OR CRICKET BAT/SHOVEL/GOLF CLUB/STICK LAMP/SAXOPHONE/ETC.! NOW, YOU--DOWN! DOWN! ON THE GROUND--NOW! DOWN ON THE GROUND AND PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD! NOW!! I drop and do as they say, but I'm yelling, "Hey? Didn't you see that #&*@%!$ big-ass doughnut?! Didn't you hear it honking?! GAH--what are you, #&*@%!$ idiots?!

The cops land on me hard, wrench my arms, and handcuff me. I vehemently protest, but it does no good. The cops jerk me up to my feet and lead me to one of the squad cars. While one officer frisks me, the other Mirandizes me in an oddly mincing way to the tune of "I'll Be Seeing You." I look up, and it's frigging Liberace himself. As a cop. The other cop, the one frisking me, pulls a tarantula out of my pajama pants pocket and starts hollering "WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOB!" I turn around, and it's Curly Howard of The Three Stooges. As a cop.

One of them then cracks me over the head with an ASP; I see stars, then nothing. I'm out cold.

When I wake up, I'm lying on a cold tile floor, completely covered in coleslaw, with Colonel Sanders standing over me, laughing. He then starts talking to me, but it's not his voice; it's Truman Capote's voice. Still dazed, I can understand only fragments of what the Colonel/Truman Capote is saying to me: "...Hahpah...shoppin' fo' shoeth and purtheth...deh-lahtful, mahveluhth thingth...grayveh...co'thlaw...Dill Harrith...wonduhful momenth--thuch a joweh to wuhk with, mm-hmm...joweh...Joweh--Joweh, dahlin'?" Joey Heatherton comes out of nowhere and starts wriggling on top of me.

Then, the tile floor gives way under me, and I go to hell. Covered in coleslaw. And Joey Heatherton. End of dream.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.