1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tell us your dreams

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Larry F, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

In real life, I went to 2 junior high schools, 2 high schools, one undergrad college, one grad college. I taught at two colleges while finishing my grad school and then landed a tenure-track gig. Now, check out the dreams:

It is the afternoon, near the end of the semester. All I need to graduate is a math class. I have not attended the class for weeks and don't know what work I should have handed in or what tests to take. I go through buildings that are reminiscent of those of my youth and finally come to the conclusion: I don't need to take the math test. I don't need to take any test, ever. I have a PhD from... Wait, I have a tenure-track job at... Then I wake up.

I've been having this dream for maybe 10 years. 4-6 times a year. This is a kind of lucid dream, where I know that I am dreaming. That is what kicks in when I say, Wait, I have a PhD...

What are YOUR recurring dreams? No one will laugh at you. Really they won't. HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA...

2. FenderBenderNY

FenderBenderNY TDPRI Member

I have two:

I'm in my grandparents town, which is deserted. It's Spring, and there's a big trench being dug by the basketball court. As I walk by, a big chunk of ice pops out. Inside the ice, there is a 10-12 year old kid, on a sled, dressed in 1920's style clothes. I knock on doors, trying to find a telephone to call the police. I break into a house, but the phone lines are cut. I run back outside and the ice has been broken and he's not in it anymore. Then I wake up.

The second one also takes place in my grandparents town, which must mean that it's creepy. It actually kind of is. Anyways, in real life both my grandparents who lived there are dead. In my dream, I'm running through the town, trying to get away from someone. In the dream, I know my grandparents are dead, but I still run to their house. I walk inside and they're there. Only, they're zombies. My grandma is pushing my grandpa in a wheelchair (he was never in one in life), and they tell me to come in. Then, I wake up.

Now, I'll probably have them both tonight. Awesome.

3. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

I once dreamed Johnny Cash borrowed a guitar from me and said he would autograph it before returning it, but after the show he was gone and so was my guitar.

4. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I dreamed that I was chockin' to death on a huge marshmallow and woke up with my pillow in my mouth..true story..no kiddin'...trust me...I wouldn't lie..

5. Nash

Nash Tele-Holic

I had a recurring dream when I was about 5 that involved a giant foot chasing me to a cliff and then I'd wake up just before getting to the edge. Aside from that I haven't had any other recurring dreams.

I do have premonitions at least once a week, but they are always useless information due to the lack of context except for the fact that I now know a friend of mine will have a beard in the future :rolleyes: I also have deja vu at least every other day though it's usually every day and often times more than once a day.

6. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, there's me and Megan Fox. She's playing a 69 Thinline, and I'm showing her the chords to Stormy Monday. The cast of Hogan's Heroes is playing volleyball inside a giant Vox amp, while Linda Hunt keeps score, wearing only a happy face button and a Dr. Pepper hat.
    Megan hits the turnaround after the second chorus, and Jeff Goldblum launches into a blistering solo on a Dean Razorback. Megan and I lock eyes and run off into the Malibu surf.

I think it means that I'm concerned about the economy.

7. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Pretty much all my dreams that I remember upon waking are lucid. At some point during every dream, I know I'm dreaming..they all come to some point where I realize that I can or cannot control the dream, so it's either fight or flight, flow or bail..Never seem to repeat a dream though.

..The dreams are always very vivid, visual and surreal like an "Alice Through the Looking Glass" type thing. Sometimes, there are unusual animals with multi-skeleton integrated bodies allowing movement not possible with a single symmetrical skeleton, sometimes with multiple heads and limbs that can move with six degrees of freedom simultaneously. Most dreams often come with a complex musical background musical score (that I never seem to be able to remember in full when I wake :mad:).

It's all strange I know, but I just wish I was artist enough be able to draw the things I see or musician enough to write down the music I hear when I dream.

8. Derek S

Derek S Former Member

Since I quit smoking (about 2 weeks ago) all my dreams have people smoking cigarettes. Kind of sucks to tell you the truth. I usually can't remember anything about the dreams but vague images of people smoking cigarettes.

9. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

This is the geek's version of the "oh my God, I'm in public and I'm not wearing any pants" nightmare. :D

I've often had the same dream ... usually when I realise I'm going to have to re-train to stay competitive.

10. fordfanjpn

fordfanjpn Tele-Holic

I think there are rules against posting the kind of stuff I dream about on this forum. I'll have to go over to the Penthouse forum for that. :rolleyes:

Bill

11. StuH

StuH Friend of Leo's

I have a recurring dream about Sasquatch.
    Seriously. Petrified to death that I'll be face to face with one. I even look for them crossing the road when I'm driving out in the boonies.

It's all because of the 6 Million Dollar Man episode where Steve Austin gets in the battle with bigfoot. The Patterson film didn't help things either.

Don't tell anyone okay.....this will be our little secret.;)

12. jazztele

jazztele Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

i have a dream every few months that starts differently every time, but ends with me playing on stage with a hot organ combo--i'm burning, playing stuff i could never pull off in real life--and on a white les paul:eek:

most of my dreams are sadly very literal (my wife says this is because i live my waking life in a dream world, so my brain needs to regulate in my REM moments)...the worst was dreaming that i woke up, took a shower, made breakfast, and got dressed for work--only to be awoke by the alarm and have to do it for real!

13. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

I dreamt (sp?) that I was in Vegas for a week. I lost almost all my money and had to sell my car. I purchased a motorcycle to get me through the tough times. I was chased by police after swiping a cold sandwich from the snack bar and not paying for it. During the chase, I saw Dolly Parton out of the corner of my eye. Someone gave me a nickel and I put it in a slot machine. I hit the jackpot. $1,000 (not too shabby for a mere nickel) As I was gathering my winnings, a homeless guy smashed me with a cigarette lighter on the back of my head. I lie paralyzed for minutes as he gathered most of the money. No one around helped me because they thought it was an act. ??? I went to the doctor, but he wouldn't help me since I was not a native of Nevada. It rained all the way home...which is unusual for the desert. Since I was on a motorcycle, I got soaked.

Waaaiiittt a minute. That story wasn't a dream...it was my summer vacation.:oops:

14. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

I have a recurring one similar to Larry's. In the dream, I suddenly come to the realization that I've been enrolled in a university English class of some sort. I had forgotten I was enrolled, and hadn't been to class in months (if ever). Most of the dream is very stressful, as I'm thinking about all the repercussions, possible ways to save my ass, etc. It's been a while since I had that dream, so I'm not sure how it usually ended. I think that as it went on, I came to the realization that I wasn't really enrolled in a class (maybe I just woke up).

I sometimes have another one, in which I'm in a building - often a small house I purchased or a house of a family member. It always seems like a modest sized building, but I keep discovering doors, rooms, different levels, hallways, etc. The house turns out to be a lot bigger and more complicated than I originally thought.

I had one similar to the classic "show up to work naked" one once. I showed up to work in a towel. In the dream, it was casual Friday, so I guess I thought it would be okay. When I got to work, I realized I was way under dressed. Kind of embarrassing.

15. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I very seldom remember the topic of my dreams but I vividly remember having a loose tooth in a lot of them. Kinda freaks me out.

16. mistermullens

mistermullens Poster Extraordinaire

Ha! Cool thread. I have a recurring dream that I've been asked to play on stage with some of my favorite bands. The band I play with the most is the Black Crowes. They've even asked me to join the tour for short period of time which is amazing because I've never learned any of their songs. Other bands I've played with are the Allman Brothers, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Jimmy Buffett, and Aerosmith.

17. Tele Fan

Tele Fan Friend of Leo's

I used to dream I could fly all the time. Now I never remember my dreams.

18. mistermullens

mistermullens Poster Extraordinaire

Totally reminded me of a similar dream I've had. It hasn't happened in a while, but I've had dreams of my teeth falling out. Very weird since I have healthy teeth. I don't think my band dream means anything, but the teeth have to mean something!

19. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted

I have dreams where my teeth are falling out - they just seem to crumble and fall out. This is really strange because my teeth are very healthy.

I have read that in dreams, teeth represent wisdom and learning, and that losing teeth represents a fear of losing knowledge. It's probably just a variation on the old "going to school without pants" dream.

20. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

No recurring dreams nowadays that I can recall.

Back in the day, my Dad was a co-owner of a single engine plane... we'd go on day trips on Saturdays and have lunch at the counter at some airport ... this was while I was a teen. In those days I used to have a recurring, very vivid dream about going 'joyriding' in Dad's plane by myself, flying extremely low [like maybe 200 feet] over the countryside. Dodging big buildings, power lines, etc. Sometimes I'd run out of fuel, but I never seem to remember landing ???

Maybe I shoulda learned to be a pilot ;)

I had other recurring dreams as a kid but I don't remember them. My boy keeps a dream journal, writing down dream summaries from the night before. Odd thing is, his routine is to do the journal just before bed, not right after he gets up. I should ask him about recurring dreams :idea: :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.