Tell me why i don't need this guitar

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by badfish_lewis, Jul 18, 2016.

1. mauer62

mauer62 Tele-Holic

I put together a Custom tele and it cost me just about $1200. You nailed it.

sosay likes this.
  2. Ripradiant

Ripradiant Tele-Afflicted

Well... its just too far from my vintage look preference. But, it is a nice looking guitar so I suggest you buy otherwise someone else might. However, no way its gonna sell for that price... so you better negotiate that price way down and have some patience to follow it till the seller understands the market better (IMHO).

3. Otto Tune

Otto Tune TDPRI Member

This won't help but I've dealt with that seller and have nothing but praise.
    G-Brat's is a husband/wife team who sell high end guitars. I bought a PRS and he was great to deal with. (not cheap, but honest)

4. Spacemanspiff500

Spacemanspiff500 TDPRI Member

If you can throw that kind of scratch at a guitar without having to sell a kidney, and the guitar speaks to you then you need it. I have passed on guitars that have spoke to me and years later regretted it. Specially if it is a 1 of a kind, that means your not going to find another one. One of the guitars I passed up was a Martin 00018R. A 00018 with a redwood top. That guitar sounded fricken amazing. The redwood made a huge difference. It sounded better then any piece of Sitka spruce I have ever heard. As far as the okume goes I have been building guitars for over 22years and playing for almost 30 and I have never heard an okume guitar. I'm betting most of these guys if not all of these guys haven't either. I have known several of fender master builders over the years and anyone I've know has been pretty sharp. I'm thinking their choice of okume might be alright. It looks to be an open grain Wood if I had to guess what it might sound like from what I've seen I'm thinking it might sound like mahogany. Witch would pair nicely with that redwood just like that martin. I know you are looking for a excuse not to buy, but as long as you can afford it you are without excuse sir.

5. Nasty

Nasty Tele-Meister

Redwood doesn't burn very well

6. vashondan

vashondan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

So, what actually happened. Were you supported in your efforts to not buy the guitar?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.