Tell me nice things about the new Indo Squier CV50s BSB teles

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by blowtorch, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Erebia

Erebia TDPRI Member

I can honestly say that my Indonesian CV Esquire didn't even need tuning. Straight out of the sealed box (so not set-up by the guitar shop) it was perfectly playable. 6 months later, I remain distinctly impressed by this guitar.

BGLeduc and guitarist232345 like this.
  2. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Meister

I don't know man, I like the sound and playability of my China Girl that was made in 2014 (affinity). I had 2 mexicans in the 90's and I think they were better, but not enough to matter. This one feels very similar. To my recollection. And I like the sounds this one gives me. It's warm. It's smooth. And it's not too bassy on the neck. Well, I'm using a smaller amp, so that might be why.

I have two cheaper strats now and have played a bunch more of all kinds since they are so prevalent. And I still can't get behind any of them as much as I like this tele.

Seems like the only guitar I ever bond with other than a Tele is a 335. And even then I just prefer the tension of the longer scale. Although I forget, I always put 11s on my guitars and guitars in the stores are usually 10s. But Gibsons just feel like the strings are too loose. I like the size of the 24.75" and placement of the frets a bit better for my hands though. But still prefer the sounds and feel of a Tele.

The only things I don't like is the switch feels cheap and I have to put tape over my g string cuz it makes a weird harmonic noise. I don't feel like installing another string tree when a piece of tape eliminates that issue.

Yours looks really nice!!!! I'm glad it all got sorted for you after the initial issues.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.