1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tell me nice things about the new Indo Squier CV50s BSB teles

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by blowtorch, Aug 13, 2020.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I somewhat disagree.
    I bought my first Squier CV50s during the first run of them.
    And while my first mods were for preference (4 way, electrosocket) I did find that I'd need a new neck or a fretjob in short order. I decided to go with stainless frets, as I absolutely loved that neck.

Other than that, I had zero complaints/issues

I see that you're quite new to our discussion board.
    Maybe do a search on other member's experiences with Squier CV50s, here. You'll see that plenty of other folks have had zero or nest to no issues, as well

68Telebass, BorderRadio and Bella like this.
  2. TheDavis

TheDavis TDPRI Member

Ha ha I actually got into CV’s from this forum. New to being bored and posting not new to reading.
    I don’t recall too many guys raving about the quality of parts they are constructed with. They are very low quality across the board.
    Also you replaced a bunch of stuff because it was cheap.
    I don’t even think fender would argue they are using cheap parts.
    I totally could have kept mine stock and dealt with it. Really impressive for the money but it is what it is.
    Good luck with your pickup, it’s either a simple solder job or a new neck pickup but either way it’s a cheap and easy fix so instead of debating weather a Asian factory made guitar selling for pennies is high quality or not I’ll just say good luck to you and enjoy because cheap or not they are a fun guitar.

3. blowtorch

Again, (deep breath) the guitar is at my local Fender authorized service center, so how cheap and easy a fix is not my concern. I'm not paying for it, and I'm not sweating over it. It was bought new, and the neck pickup was DOA, and that is not my problem, and the seller has made it clear to me it's not his problem either, so apparently it's Fender's problem

(are ya sure you're not new to reading)

beagle likes this.
  4. JWH7

JWH7 TDPRI Member

Amen to that! I've had my new project a month now and its finally starting to go as planned, I think I will have a better playing a better tone sounding inexpensive guitar that has been upgraded. This guitar needs breakin in with some bluesy style string bending firm attack strumming and picking. its a work out the guitar is tight. A man's guitar. it will take some time to loosen her up. the best improvement was removing the neck to polish and dress the frets. Installed the neck with a maple wedge shape .5 degree neck shim from stew mac. it double the sustain and improved the playability. Installing a set of Fender custom shop "Texas Specials" pickups has made this guitar a twangy blues instrument. she's tight and I hope she will get loose with time. I'll name her "Lucie" lol

5. TwangerWannabe

TwangerWannabe Tele-Holic

Not necessarily true. I've owned several CVC Teles and they really needed nothing. Great sounding pickups, great fit and finish, etc. Only think they may need are a basic set up, but that's ANY off the rack Fender you buy including any MIM and MIA Fender, even high end models.

With that said, all of my Squier CVC's were made in China, not Indonesia.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    blowtorch and BorderRadio like this.
  6. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yeah, no. Squier CVs are excellent stock. If you could quantify the ‘cheapness’ in a meaningful way against a mass produced MIM or something similar, maybe I could agree. It’s unlikely though, based on all the CVs I’ve owned. Include VMs in the mix, I’ll stand by those as well. The only thing low quality is the switch for the most part, the rest are people’s brand perception.

7. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

That is SUCH a bummer. I’m sorry/ even an $80 Glarry should arrive functional!!:mad:

The CV line Squires are usually good players right out of box!! Just a basic setup, a trussrod tweak and you’re off to the races.
    I’m really sorry for your experience with a d-bag retailer on Reverb-:eek:
    I usually just go with MF or Sweetwater for better accountability and return policy etc. Hang in there- I think you will like the guitar!
    Carl

blowtorch and beagle like this.
  8. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

My Squier CV50 needed tuning, that was quite a project. Unlike the MIM that needed fretwork.

9. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

My CV was nice right out of the box also, but interestingly....the bridge pickup took a crap on me about 2 months after I got it. I was already going to change it out and had a replacement ready so it wasn’t a big deal, but still....

blowtorch likes this.
  10. blowtorch

So I did get an apology and a small discount added from the seller. But it took me pointing out that I wasn't feeling very valued as a customer, and felt that my legitimate concern was being dismissed. The seller said they are shorthanded and sometimes they don't handle things as well as they should. so I guess as long as the repair comes through without any charge to me, we should be all good.

68Telebass, BorderRadio and beagle like this.
  11. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

I have an indo CV Esquire. Great range, I fully recommend it.

Erebia and blowtorch like this.
  12. blowtorch

Got it back from the shop, all bueno now, and...
    took the time now to notice that it turns out it's a China one

13. blowtorch

Since nothing is real unless there's pics:
    20200817_135429 (1).jpg 20200817_135422.jpg

bender66 and BorderRadio like this.
  14. blowtorch

Apparently a 2020, if I'm deciphering the s/n correctly.
    That gives me hope for more better-lasting frets than the first go-round

15. blowtorch

Liking it pretty well, although it does seem a bit superfluous, being that I love my old blonde one, and that one's already got a 4 way and an electrosocket.

Maybe I'll leave the BSB stock, but a set of Bensonite "Alum-E/A Brass-the rest" fat saddles might be in order :cool:

68Telebass likes this.
  16. blowtorch

20200820_172043.jpg

17. moonman2

moonman2 Tele-Meister

18. moonman2

moonman2 Tele-Meister

Better quality control all round.

Faster pots (not stiff and hard to turn like the MiC CVs).
    Generally lighter in weight due to the Nato woods for the Thinline and 60’s Customs.
    A nice walnut truss rod plug rather than the black plastic on the earlier models.

19. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Interesting to see silver-colored "steel/chrome/whatever" saddles on a blackguard style.

owl head tilt.jpg

blowtorch likes this.
  20. blowtorch

yeah I'm gettin me some Bensonite brass fattles, with an alum E/A :cool:

teletimetx likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.