Tell me I don't need a 2nd Princeton!

zhyla

Tele-Meister
I’ve played both the Bordeaux and the Guitar Center tweed versions. I can totally see having both a 1x10 and a 1x12 PRRI… and maybe a CPR as well.

Can’t buy them all or my 68CDR will need to go…

drri

Tele-Meister
I’ve played both the Bordeaux and the Guitar Center tweed versions. I can totally see having both a 1x10 and a 1x12 PRRI… and maybe a CPR as well.

Can’t buy them all or my 68CDR will need to go…
I really liked the "custom" side of the 68 Deluxe Reverb a lot and once I heard they did that with the 68 Custom PR I've wanted one..... So smooth

Singin' Dave

Friend of Leo's
I own two SF Princeton Reverbs - a '71 with a 12" speaker and a '75 stock. Love em both.

Not a huge tonal difference to my ears between the two (might actually lean to the 10") but for me, it's all about convenience; I leave the '75 at my rehearsal space and it gets played weekly in practice. The '71 I keep at home and take with me to gigs (depending on gig where my '73 Deluxe Reverb or '75 Vibrolux Reverb may get the nod depending on venue. Used to have a SF Twin, SF Super Reverb, BF Pro and BF bassman back in the day too but they're gone now). Super handy to just have my favorite type of amp where and when I need it without schlepping it back and forth to and from rehearsal.

As to the OP, kind of agree another PRRI not needed. Save up another $500 or so to add to your $750 for a nice sound but cosmetically beat up SF Vibrolux (or hell a SF Twin for that budget!)

drri

Tele-Meister
I own two SF Princeton Reverbs - a '71 with a 12" speaker and a '75 stock. Love em both.

Not a huge tonal difference to my ears between the two (might actually lean to the 10") but for me, it's all about convenience; I leave the '75 at my rehearsal space and it gets played weekly in practice. The '71 I keep at home and take with me to gigs (depending on gig where my '73 Deluxe Reverb or '75 Vibrolux Reverb may get the nod depending on venue. Used to have a SF Twin, SF Super Reverb, BF Pro and BF bassman back in the day too but they're gone now). Super handy to just have my favorite type of amp where and when I need it without schlepping it back and forth to and from rehearsal.

As to the OP, kind of agree another PRRI not needed. Save up another $500 or so to add to your $750 for a nice sound but cosmetically beat up SF Vibrolux (or hell a SF Twin for that budget!)
Yeah I'd love to have a Twin but man that weight just ain't happening.... I may go for one of those new Pro Reverbs if I can find a good deal on one.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
Screw a second amp or a baffle. Put that sucker in an aftermarket head cab and use whatever speaker cab/config you want. Problem solved.