Tell me I don't need a 2nd Princeton!

drri

Tele-Meister
@drri, you got that PRRI at 20% off, right? If you can sell it for as much as the Bordeaux, there’s the 12-inch PRRI you wanted. Cost-wise it’s a wash.

Yeah I had considered that but I'm going into a phase of not wanting to sell stuff due to BS dealing with it.... Plus I do like the 10in option. I think what I've decided is see about a baffle (assuming I don't have to mod my PRRI) for a 12in.... As much as I'd like to have the 12in version it's defiantly worth it price wise, I just can't justify another amp let alone a PRRI...

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
No! Why would any reasonable person tell you that?
2 is literally twice as good as 1.

10 v. 12, then? Thoughts:
  1. If I was gonna spend $750 on a second amp, I'd want a much bigger difference than that
  2. But it is a difference
  3. Problem is, it's a kinda even split between folks who prefer 10s v. 12s in PRs
  4. Then, too, the actual brand and model of speaker are huge factors in both sizes
One idea. You hear of folks mounting a 12" speaker on a 10" baffle to hear the difference. Yes, the smaller 'hole' isn't quite right, but it's actually a pretty popular idea. I haven't done it and can't comment on ease of adding new mounts, nor do I recall how hard it is to get a swappable 12" baffle in a RI model to go back and forth.

I decided not to get the amp…. Going to talk to mojotone and see about a baffle but I kinda think like if I buy another amp soon it would be a vibrolux or Vibroverb (my dumbass sold one)
You do NOT need another one. For other than a business who does so regularly, it can be a chore to get someone else to agree to buy anything you later decide not to keep, figure out correct shipping costs, find suitable packing methods, and get it all done. It would be wise to assume you will be stuck keeping multiple copies or types of any guitar or amp you buy.

I’ve made a new speaker panel to put two 15” speakers in a cabinet that was made for two 12” speakers.

beninma

Friend of Leo's
I wanted one of those Bordeaux 1x12 Princetons last summer. I played one for about an hour and fell in love but someone bought it before I could go back and get it. I ended up with a Tweed cabinet 1x12 version with a Celestion, which I also love.

Just do it, $775 is great. They’re like $1300 new now!

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
wow, this didn't go the usual way

I mean, the POSTS totally went the usual way

But the decision didn't

Now I'm checking the sky for a giant meteor

Neptical

TDPRI Member
Someone gotta talk me down off this ledge lol..... Got a brand new PRRI earlier this month and love it! Browsing around on FB marketplace this morning and I seen one of the 1x12 Bordeaux versions about an hour away from me, asking 775.00..... Anyone out there own one of each? Anyone out there think of a reason NOT to own one of each? lol

This is terrible addiction that I'm even guilty of. Once you find something you really like/love, you want it even more - sometimes maybe 5x more. Don't ask me how I know. lol

David C

Tele-Holic
Follow the thinking that you want your next amp to have a different sound or than the Princeton you already own. What you really need is a Super Reverb.

LudwigvonBirk

Tele-Afflicted
Subtle differences add up but how about going wild with a new (external, so you can repurpose it beyond a PR) cabinet with 4x8” speakers. I bet you could have the cab professionally made, and buy 4 nice speakers, and ship it all, for ~$800. 4x8” can fit in a small-ish cabinet, and 4x8 moves a LOT of air.

zhyla

Tele-Meister
There’s a 68CPR on Craigslist right now and the guy keeps dropping his price. I already have a 65PRRI on order, don’t need to go from 0 to 2 Princetons… but he drops another $100 and I won’t have much choice.

drri

Tele-Meister
There’s a 68CPR on Craigslist right now and the guy keeps dropping his price. I already have a 65PRRI on order, don’t need to go from 0 to 2 Princetons… but he drops another $100 and I won’t have much choice.
That’s actually another amp altogether and totally worth owning beside a PRRI.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
Someone gotta talk me down off this ledge lol..... Got a brand new PRRI earlier this month and love it! Browsing around on FB marketplace this morning and I seen one of the 1x12 Bordeaux versions about an hour away from me, asking 775.00..... Anyone out there own one of each? Anyone out there think of a reason NOT to own one of each? lol
they are probably closeenough so that if..you wanted to run stereo say with a stereo reverb chorus and/or delay pedal(s) you could set them a few feet apart and get a really big stereo spread on em..you may really like that