Tell me I don't need a 2nd Princeton!

drri

Tele-Meister
Someone gotta talk me down off this ledge lol..... Got a brand new PRRI earlier this month and love it! Browsing around on FB marketplace this morning and I seen one of the 1x12 Bordeaux versions about an hour away from me, asking 775.00..... Anyone out there own one of each? Anyone out there think of a reason NOT to own one of each? lol

RoscoeElegante

Friend of Leo's
Someone gotta talk me down off this ledge lol..... Got a brand new PRRI earlier this month and love it! Browsing around on FB marketplace this morning and I seen one of the 1x12 Bordeaux versions about an hour away from me, asking 775.00..... Anyone out there own one of each? Anyone out there think of a reason NOT to own one of each? lol

I refuse to tell you that.

But I will say:
https://reverb.com/p/radial-tonebone-switchbone
(Not affiliated w/ seller.)

A good ABY pedal is like coffee meets neurons. Play one amp wet with reverb, or delay, or whatever effect you like, the other dry. Yum.

Though you may want to celebrate your Princeton's greatness with a different flavor--e.g., a chewy tweed or crunchy Vox.

Playing one great amp is great. Playing two--together, or in conversation--that's X times even better.

drri

Tele-Meister
You don’t need it. It’s just the price that tempts you. But if you own it you have to maintain it- tubes, cap jobs, etc.

If you need a backup something like a Quilter Superblock US or Strymon Iridium makes more sense and would be much cheaper.

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I owned one of each and wound up selling the 1X12. I didn't like the tone, too much low end and too woodeny sounding. The guy that bought it played about 3 notes and said "I'll take it" so to each his own.

King Fan

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
10 v. 12, then? Thoughts:
  1. If I was gonna spend $750 on a second amp, I'd want a much bigger difference than that
  2. But it is a difference
  3. Problem is, it's a kinda even split between folks who prefer 10s v. 12s in PRs
  4. Then, too, the actual brand and model of speaker are huge factors in both sizes
One idea. You hear of folks mounting a 12" speaker on a 10" baffle to hear the difference. Yes, the smaller 'hole' isn't quite right, but it's actually a pretty popular idea. I haven't done it and can't comment on ease of adding new mounts, nor do I recall how hard it is to get a swappable 12" baffle in a RI model to go back and forth.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
I would not have two reissues if I didn't already have at least a real silverface pr. An amp that's currently in production is one I could buy any time anyway. There are too many amps out there to have two of anything, for me. Maybe I'd buy it to see if it's better with the 12", and then sell one.

gitold

Poster Extraordinaire
I have the tweed version with the 12’ Canabis Rex that I love. Been thinking about getting the 68 reissue with a 10 also but keep talking myself out of it. Good luck!

Coloradotwanger

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Love my '65 Western Tolex with a 12" Jensen C12Q

Attachments

• 65PRRI1.jpg
    65PRRI1.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 65PRRI2C12Q.jpg
    65PRRI2C12Q.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 22