Tell me how to cook prime rib

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Dec 20, 2019.

1. gregulator450

gregulator450 Tele-Meister

2. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Holic

I have cooked prime rib for Christmas the last several years. I have tried several methods.
    Here is what works for me: I season with a mixture of salt, pepper and garlic. 1 cup salt.1/4 cup each pepper and garlic powder. I rub the roast down with vegetable or canola oil and season liberly when I take roast out to come to room temp. I them follow the instructions in the pdf link here. http://www.villagemeats.com/files/Prime_rib_cooking_instructionsper_ButcherEric.pdf
    I use a remote meat thermometer from Weber. I got a a local hardware store. Has probe and alarm. I cook to target temp of med. rare remove let rest. the ends will be well done. and medium rare to medium in center. Mine looks like what you get at restaurants that serve great prime rib. (It ain't braggin if it is fact)
    I'll be starting mine 5am tomorrow. Last year my grandson ate 3 pieces:}

3. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Holic

....Oh you can't cook good meat based on time (trust me I tried) the temperature is the key.

gregulator450 likes this.
  4. gregulator450

gregulator450 Tele-Meister

This is 1000% true.

koolaide likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.