Tell me about your Thinlines

LOSTVENTURE

Friend of Leo's
My Thinline is a limited edition (FSR) American vintage 68 model, built in 2010. It has a naturak Ash body and NoCaster pickups. I did replace the pickguard with an African rosewood version.

properperson

TDPRI Member
Brown Mk1 - Bridge pickup is Seymour Duncan Broadcaster. neck pick-up is a Wilkinson WTVN 32 gold....

Green Mk2 Relic - Twin Jackson Humbuckers....

Both had pro set up by "Guitar Mike" with Elixir 9 strings .....

Attachments

• copy 1.jpg
    copy 1.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 23

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Here's a slightly different bird: Fender THINLINE Cabronita, MIM.

It's been modded with a tone control and relocated selector switch, among other things.

It's had many pickups in it:
Fender Fidelitrons (not bad actually)
TV Jones Setzer Signatures (good)
TV Jones T90s (very good)
TV Jones T-Armonds (great)

...but what is in it now, and what will stay in it, are Rio Grande BBQ'Tron set. These Filtertrons have much more in common (tonally) with P90s or PAFs than Filtertrons. They are like low-wind PAFs; fat, but clear. They give this guitar it's "own" voice (I already have a regular tele, and a Gretsch with standard Filtertron pickups).

my cab.jpg

johnnylaw

Friend of Leo's
TLAC in sunburst, and Mexi body with Musikraft neck, Tonerider Vintage Plus pickups, ElDorado hardware, and Hipshot. She’s the workhorse.

Attachments

• 603DB29F-B00F-444B-9049-D347955C4769.jpeg
    603DB29F-B00F-444B-9049-D347955C4769.jpeg
    364 KB · Views: 21
  • 142EB84B-02D1-4D1A-B4BC-E8403D086150.jpeg
    142EB84B-02D1-4D1A-B4BC-E8403D086150.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 20

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
By now some of you have met my Linda Lou:
1642875018629.jpeg

Body from eBay, Haggard-style pickguard ditto
Mighty Mite neck from Amazon
Bootstrap Hot P90 neck, Pretzel bridge
Bourns 250K pots
.033 Soviet PIO cap
Fender bridgeplate, top hat knob, volume & tone knobs from parts bin
Sperzel lockers
Set up for 9.5s
Faux Fender headstock decal to piss off corksniffers

She's my favorite Telecaster to date. Plays like a dream.
Neck was a perfect fit for body, and neck suits me just fine.
Total cost without case was under $500. For real.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I really should have known better than to start this thread. Been feeling GAS-y all weekend. Combed some other Thinline threads and located this beauty:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...r-thinline-sapphire-blue-sweetwater-exclusive

I NEED a blue guitar in my collection as I don't have any. Of all my guitars I am thinking it may be time to retire the Yamaha AES800 - it's been my old faithful for 25 years, ugly as sin, narrow neck, few worn frets, has one special sound that no other guitar I own gets - almost a piezo-type tone - which admittedly is not that useful to me.

I looked at the Fender Vintera 70's but that has a 7.25" radius neck rather than the 9.5" on the Squier. There's a Fender for sale down in Santa Cruz but I don't think I'd like that neck radius. I checked specs on the Squier Deluxe Jazzmaster I own and it also sports a 9.5" radius C-shaped neck. Is it too much to expect that a 9.5" C neck for Jazzmaster is pretty similar to a 9.5" C neck for a Tele?
DL - Build one yourself! There are lots of sonic blue, daphne blue, etc. bodies on eBay and the Mighty Mite necks are just north of $100 and fit fine. Then you can pick your pickups, hardware, electronics, bridge ... Have Fun!!!

Digital Larry

Friend of Leo's
DL - Build one yourself! There are lots of sonic blue, daphne blue, etc. bodies on eBay and the Mighty Mite necks are just north of $100 and fit fine. Then you can pick your pickups, hardware, electronics, bridge ... Have Fun!!!
Haha, funny to see this thread still going. That was 15 waves of GAS ago and I'm about to unload an extra guitar today, but there's always the future!

Gary in Boston

Friend of Leo's
For a time I really, really wanted one. I ended up building one from a GFS body with a Fender neck. Wilkinson Bridge, GFS "vintage" pu's I finished it in Sonic Blue with a solid white (not pearl) pick guard. All in all a pretty nice guitar. In some ways more twangy than my other Teles

A friend of mine was looking for a Tele so I just sold it to him last week for basically what it cost me in parts.

The Sonic Blue match his eyes...........

Gary

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
So I finally have a Tele type guitar in this Peavey Reactor that I inherited from my brother and finally got a setup and replaced the pickups so it's playable. As it has sentimental value I will most likely keep it, but it's not an incredible guitar, it's "good" I'd say. The main thing that restrains my ecstatic gushing would be the neck shape which is not exactly my favorite. It seems a bit wide and squarish. I'm not gonna mess with trying to replace the neck on it. I think my Squier Deluxe Jazzmaster has the nicest neck of any guitar I own.

I have a semi hollow body Italia 2HB and I like its weight, so in the back of my mind I think one of:
- Find a Tele Thinline that feels better neck wise
- Have one built by a local custom builder at which point I could choose a neck contour and everything else. One guy makes T-types for $1500-$2000 (Keith Holland) and there's also Halo Guitars up the road that caters more towards metal styles but I messed around with their online configurator and got something roughly Tele looking for about $2500. Unclear if any of their poop options are WRHB.

So I'm looking at Fender/Squier 60's (2 SC trad Tele type poops), 70s (2 HB) and Cabronita (P90) and G&L Bluesboy Semi-Hollow (MFD "Tele" bridge, HB neck) and probably some other types as well.

I like the Tele sound of this Peavey for what it is. I'm not necessarily looking to have a Tele that sounds like a Les Paul or a Strat. But then again, just thinking about stuff, being open minded. All the Thinline demos I've watched so far on YT are more towards a crunchy rather than clean sound, so I figure people don't put 2HB on a Tele if what they mostly want is clean sounds. Just a guess.

So tell me about your Thinlines and what type of music you play with them and any other reflections you may have!

Tell me about your Thinlines..well..i call mine legs..they go all the way to the ground and keep the top half from fallin over​

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
I bought this last month from the original owner, who basically kept it in a closet. It's in mint condition, and that's the problem. I don't want to play it and make it non-mint condition.

Thinking of selling it and using the money for a used Brit Daniel Thinline, or an American Original Thinline.
IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2452.jpg

milocj

Friend of Leo's
I bought it off of Reverb. It's thin steel and the guy used different materials to rust/oxidize it in the different colors and shapes. After he neutralized it he sprayed a clear coat over it add the gloss and protect the pattern.

mmannaxx

Tele-Meister
Not at home to check but mine is from early 2000s, a MIM 69 classic reissue in 2 tone burst which is a mahogany body. Weighs under 7 lbs and has a 7.25 radius maple board with a somewhat thickish neck, not Nocaster range but much bigger than normal C shaped necks on any Teles. I think mine is U shaped. Nice guitar once I switched the 1 Meg tone pot for a 250k one. Awfully bright without that mod.