• no

• who wants a guitar that old?

• a guitar that old would be too expensive

• still looking for it

• no interest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
Folks have alluded to seeking out guitars from the year they were born. Do you have a birth year guitar? If so, what's its story, how did you come by it? (assuming it didn't come out of the womb with you)

Last edited:

ineed1more

TDPRI Member
I wish I could afford my birth year guitar ('63) Strat or Tele.
I don't even bother looking at them and even if I could afford it,
I'd probably never play it which makes it even more not worth it.
YMMV

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
I did have one, coincidentally after feeling like I needed to get one after reading a previous birth year guitar thread on here, ha.

I got an 84 Ibanez Roadstar. It was cool. It got me on a big Made in Japan guitar kick. But after a while the novelty of a birth year guitar wore off and I moved on from it.

micpoc

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I do not own one, though I wouldn’t mind at all. I DID recently pass on buying a Gibson ES-175 from my birth year that had major—and not particularly skillful, from the looks of it—repair work on the back, as well as having been refinished. Went with a ‘97 Heritage H-575 (175 equivalent) and have no regrets.

Some day, though…

Flip G

Tele-Holic
That would of course be a 2006 Daisy Rock Fantasy; because I'm young at heart and as cheap as they come. :)

butterfly.jpg

Lucius Paisley

Tele-Afflicted
My birth year was a year or three away from the "best period" of a certain brand and specific type of guitar. I have one of those guitars, but it's been modified to the point of not truly being one of those guitars. Not that I wouldn't have done my own modifications anyway, but the original pickups would still be in it.

lil scotty

Tele-Holic
A couple few years back I went hunting for a ‘70 Tele. In my searching I came to realize that I really wanted a rosewood neck. This severely limited my options, especially in my price range. Ended up with an early ‘71 that I am happy with. So, I got close. Cigar or no cigar, I don’t know. It has a 4 bolt neck too. This was a must for me.