Tell me about Frippertronics

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
sort of on the same topic ,
did you ever get into the principle of Eno's oblique statagy cards , not the actual cards but the idea behind them ?

you can make your own cards and follow on that idea ,
like if you get stuck with zero motivation,
pull a card from the deck that might say;
" do this track with out drums"
or another that might state;
" incorporate an unfamiliar instrument"
or;
" only play the lower half of the keyboard"
just to give you a nudge in a different direction and break up that overly utilized recording formulas

Mutt Lang had Def Lepard record each note of a chord separately then mixed the notes in during a mix during Hysteria
great sound breaks up the mundane
I have heard that there are such cards for songwriters too!

Some of what I've read about was mainly for lyricist work.
Thanks.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
He did talk about a version of 21st century schitzoid man sung by Brian ferry that he has in his demo tape collection that no one will ever hear.

Yeah Brian Ferry was one of the people who showed up to audition when Fripp put out an advertisement in one of the weekly UK music press rags looking for a new singer. Apparently he liked Ferry and thought he was an interesting singer, just not a good fit for KC. Still, Fripp hooked up Ferry with his manager, which is why Roxy Music were under EG Management and on Island Records.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Didn't Fripp eventually replace the tape decks with a pair of EH Memory Man pedals?
knowing the creative abilities of Fripp it would not surprize me in the least ,
I saw an interview with Brian Eno where he divulged he set up 6 Kaospads ( probably KP3's as kaosolator pros were not available) all linked together to get effects so it would not be a surprize at all

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Didn't Fripp eventually replace the tape decks with a pair of EH Memory Man pedals?
See, this is part of my initial question whether or not the signal has degraded by the amount of gear it has to go through or by the modern sound of sample rate resolution?

Lots of lo-fi sounds these days.
Wonder if RF takes advantage of all the sonic goodness?
Thanks.