Tell About Your TDPRI Avatar

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by GoldDeluxe5E3, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I had a few vintage music/TV related Avatars, such as Jed Clampett playing a Danelectro doubleneck, but I settled with Robert Conrad because of the 70's TV thing (grew up with it) and gosh darn it, I thought he was pretty cool. Here's the Jed picture:
    Jedanelectro.jpg

2. JBurton

JBurton Tele-Meister

Cimarron was a working southern California country band I was in mid-late 1970's. Me in the foreground, but the man standing on the right is the late Chris Gaffney. He founded this group but went on to be a pretty successful touring singer-songwriter until his death in 2007. His last recording band was The Hacienda Brothers.
    The band l-r: Scott Sheridan, bass; Dana Haas, drums; Mark Nohr, peddle steel; Me (Dick Ortega), lead guitar; Chris, guitar, fiddle, accordion.
    Ps, my handle is reference to my favorite picker, James Burton, of course!

GoldDeluxe5E3 likes this.
  3. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

My avatar is a 2009 Squier CV Tele in white. For 25 years I pretty much played one Strat or another. I had a few other guitars (of various design) that got occasional use but this humble axe changed my perception completely. I still have a hard time putting it down.

GoldDeluxe5E3 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.