Tell About Your TDPRI Avatar

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by GoldDeluxe5E3, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I had a few vintage music/TV related Avatars, such as Jed Clampett playing a Danelectro doubleneck, but I settled with Robert Conrad because of the 70's TV thing (grew up with it) and gosh darn it, I thought he was pretty cool. Here's the Jed picture:
    Jedanelectro.jpg

2. JBurton

JBurton Tele-Meister

Cimarron was a working southern California country band I was in mid-late 1970's. Me in the foreground, but the man standing on the right is the late Chris Gaffney. He founded this group but went on to be a pretty successful touring singer-songwriter until his death in 2007. His last recording band was The Hacienda Brothers.
    The band l-r: Scott Sheridan, bass; Dana Haas, drums; Mark Nohr, peddle steel; Me (Dick Ortega), lead guitar; Chris, guitar, fiddle, accordion.
    Ps, my handle is reference to my favorite picker, James Burton, of course!

GoldDeluxe5E3 likes this.
  3. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

My avatar is a 2009 Squier CV Tele in white. For 25 years I pretty much played one Strat or another. I had a few other guitars (of various design) that got occasional use but this humble axe changed my perception completely. I still have a hard time putting it down.

GoldDeluxe5E3 likes this.
  4. guitrr

guitrr Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

That’s me and my Surf Green Don Grosh Retro T, which I bought brand new nearly twenty years ago.

5. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

New Avatar is my brother hood build just after spraying the body with clear satin lacquer.

6. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I've changed mine...originally it was Jeffery Dexter Boomhauer III...but others were using him as well. I changed to the Ghostriders, and some complained it was scary and they didn't know what it meant.

So, now it is the sole survivor from when I was an infant...arguably older than I am due to date of manufacture...given to me by my maiden Aunt the day I was born. If this ole Teddy scares you...stay home.

7. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Bender: my favourite character, from the show that should've been kept on instead of The Simpsons. (Way past its best, imho). And the thing I'm best at on guitar.

stormsedge likes this.
  8. Bendyha

Bendyha Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

For quite a while I had a blindfolded man...then I tried putting a mask over his mouth to match the times, but there wasn't all that much left. So.............

I opted for the opposite of a blind folded man, a woman with just the eyes showing.
    I find the Tuareg women very beautiful, and this pair of alluring eyes won me over.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    stormsedge likes this.
  9. Weazel

Weazel Tele-Meister

The avatar is a picture of my cat a split second before it ripped my face off.
    I luckily woke up just in time to protect myself and take the photo.
    Of course, the cat totally denies the incident, claiming I had a piece of cheese on my forehead it would like to get... Yeah right.

I sleep with one eye open.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  10. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

EC3B00D5-B08F-45E6-9EC7-7CF5228F47A9.jpeg my Player Tele and my Chrissacaster, a StewMac build. (included in post cuz I tend to change avatars on a whim)

11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

I used to have the Flag of Antarctica as my TDPRI avatar. But Paul changed the software and that was no longer available.

Arrogant I suppose, but if after 52,000 posts, people still don't know me, an avatar is not going to solve that issue.

Bendyha likes this.
  12. Weazel

Weazel Tele-Meister

Yes, it's kinda arrogant to think that all of us have read all of your 52 000 posts, and therefore must know who you are, if you ask me.

There are new members here every week, you know.

13. Thoughtfree

Thoughtfree Tele-Meister

James Finlayson, perpetually outraged by Laurel & Hardy.

14. John E

John E Friend of Leo's

Mine is of me, recording our first of two CDs or original acoustic instrumental fusion with my father. He snapped the pic while we were running through a lead on a scaled down version of one of the tracks that we did for the guitar builder Trevor Kronbauer's website. You can kind of make out the condenser mike in front of the sound hole. The sound engineer was incredible... and he was a good friend. He has since passed away and we have not recorded anything else since he passed (although we are finally close to releasing another). Those recording sessions were an incredible experience for me, some of the best experiences of my life. For that reason I have never been able to bring myself to change it.

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Well, there you have it. I've read one of your posts, and I feel like I know you already.

And want to avoid you.......already.

16. TheOtherNeill

TheOtherNeill TDPRI Member

It's right there in the scripture, actually: "And by his skepticism of G&L's Tribute marketing strategy shall ye know him."

ETA: I think my avatar is pretty self-explanatory, but it's my T-style: a G&L Tribute ASAT Special. It is . . . precious . . . to me . . . "

17. Weazel

Weazel Tele-Meister

Impressive!

18. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Afflicted

I was on a wildfire assignment as a Buyer, in Colville, WA stayed in Spokane, WA every night and drove to Colville. Anyway, Fender Road was north of Spokane on US 395.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.