Tell About Your TDPRI Avatar

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by GoldDeluxe5E3, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Popov

Popov TDPRI Member

I'm a bloke that likes to dress up once in a while and I love my Teles, both things make me happy .........

............. so why not ?

tele salivas, oafyuf and Fretting out like this.
  2. Fretting out

Fretting out Friend of Leo's

This is interesting

Do you know what the symbols are ?

I mean they look like some sort of flowers or plants I assume

And do they have a specific meaning?

3. Ricoblues

Ricoblues TDPRI Member

Mine is a nice drawing, a gift by a friend of mine. A caricature of me playing between computers (music and computer are my passion/jobs) with my nickname.

4. smartsoul72

smartsoul72 Tele-Meister

My avatar pic is Tony Sheridan. I went through a period when I was really into discovering pre-Beatles British rocknroll. Tony was at the top of the heap, imo. Too bad his attitude ruined things for him, but i guess that's what made him Tony.
    A shame a lot of people only think of him as a footnote in Beatles history
    Another thing is the guitar in the pic. A Grimshaw SS Deluxe. A real beauty. I have one of my own...

5. GearGeek01

GearGeek01 TDPRI Member

I like to cruise the pawn shops hoping to spot a deal. This one is no exception. I saw it hanging on the wall, "Fender" on the headstock. Took it down, fondled it for a few minutes. Noticed it had a 4-way pickup selector switch and an S1 switch in the volume pot. Wrote down the serial number and looked it up at home. This discovery was January, 2019. The guitar is a March 2018 build Fender ("Custom Shop Designed") (Mexico swear word) Classic Player Baja Telecaster, blonde & black over ash. It is in mint condition. Looks like it has never been player-did.

Fender custom shop pickups from the factory. Custom Shop Twisted Tele single-coil neck pickup, Custom Shop Broadcaster single-coil bridge pickup. Very comfy soft-vee neck.

New, they sold for $825-ish.

I got this mint, full-featured, yummy beauty for $300 out the door at a pawn shop in Kingsland, GA.

What dumbass would sell an awesome guitar (less than a year old from the factory date) like this at a pawn shop...??? I have no idea. Must be the baby needed diapers or something, because I will never let it go.

Best Tele I have ever owned.

---------------------------------------------

Just in case anyone is interested...

S-1 Switch Up:

• Position 1: bridge pickup
    • Position 2: bridge and neck pickups (in parallel)
    • Position 3: neck pickup (standard Tele)
    • Position 4: neck and bridge pickups (in series) (fatter tone than Position 2 and more output than Position 1, 2, or 3)

S-1 Switch Down:

• Position 1: bridge pickup
    • Position 2: bridge and neck pickups (in parallel) out of phase
    • Position 3: neck pickup (standard Tele)
    • Position 4: neck and bridge pickups (in series) out of phase

6. oldgofaster

oldgofaster Tele-Meister

Thanks for asking...

Mine is a Gibson Falcon GA19RVT, 1 of 2 dead quiet beauties, a kind of '62 MJT tele with a flamey Warmoth RW neck SS frets, pickups were $180, can't remember who made them and my favorite coffee mug.

This is in my office. After we close at 4:30, I can crank this thing to 10 and let 'er rip and unwind.

rocks2oldies likes this.
  7. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Holic

My first partscaster. Alder body. The sepelé resawn cap was a piece I had laying around the shop with too much color variation to be a drawer front. I decided to bathtub route it in case I want to Nashville it down the road. It also has a shallow belly cut. After getting a strat, I've decided my next tele build is going to get a belly cut and mild forearm bevel.

rocks2oldies likes this.
  8. Oakville Dave

Oakville Dave Friend of Leo's

Mine is from a gig at a Ribfest on Canada Day (July 1) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, about 8 or 9 years ago. My band Groove Hammer was playing in front of several thousand on a hot afternoon. That’s my Canadian Breed Custom Premium Tele Style guitar that I’m playing. I’m actually selling it so PM me if you’re interested.

9. oafyuf

oafyuf TDPRI Member

Onstage earlier this year with my Tele I built out of scavenged parts: Mexican Tele Deluxe '72 neck & body, vintage-style machine heads, custom designed & cut scratchplate (pickguard) - it's a mash-up of Deluxe and Standard shapes, Gibson tar-back at the neck, Bare Knuckles Mule at the bridge, CTS pots, Washburn Wonderbar 2001 tremolo bridge.

Attached Files:

10. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

After forty-eight years I finally got an LP with some flame.

[​IMG]

Bob

rocks2oldies likes this.
  11. Speedfish

Speedfish Tele-Meister

My avatar is an image of Wendy Orlean Williams of the Plasmatics. The album Coup d' etat was and continues to be a huge influence on my style. My respect and admiration for Wendy is without compare. She lived as she preached. She was the baddest assed rock n roller of all time, male or female, no one else comes close!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy_O._Williams

she did all of her own stunts on this!

Remember Solid Gold and the Solid Gold Dancers?

Two of my all time favorites: Wendy and Lemmy together!

CAUTION: GUITAR DESTRUCTION CONTENT!

12. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Just me and one of my 100 year old barn pine offsets during a band photo shoot.

Jim622 and rocks2oldies like this.
  13. psykobilly

psykobilly Tele-Meister

Matching tele and strat i made for me and my son. His idea, i had his strat built and was going to do mine red with a maple board, but he wanted me to match his. Named them Clyde and Amos. Clyde is the nickname i gave my son from a Clint Eastwood movie, Amos because i am an old hillbilly that used to love hearing stories from old men about the mules they used to have and Clyde and Amos sounds like a good name for a pair of blonde mules.

Jim622 and rocks2oldies like this.
  14. rocks2oldies

rocks2oldies TDPRI Member

15. Saxonbowman

Saxonbowman TDPRI Member

Mine shows a musician playing a medieval stringed instrumant called a citole. The sculpture is in a building called the Baptistery in Parma, Italy. It was constructed at the end of the 12th century. I made a reproduction of this instrument, but never really completed it because I couldn't make decent wooden frets. It sounded nice but quiet with some temporary frets. One of these days I'll get back to it.

16. rocks2oldies

rocks2oldies TDPRI Member

"Jimbo", the guitar Jimmie Vaughan passed down to Stevie Ray Vaughan. Stevie learned to play on this. I saw it at the Los Angeles Grammy Museum and took pictures.

17. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Tele-Meister

Back when I had wall-to-wall carpeting and a bunch of open space, I got on my hands and knees to shoot photos, and I took a lot of "different" close-ups of my 2006 Limited Edition 60th Anniversary Telecaster. This is one of those.

18. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders!!
    Hold on, let me put my glasses on ...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  19. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Just a shot of me in Venice Beach last year. I was out there doing a TV pilot that ended up going nowhere.
    Glad I didn't quit the day job!

20. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

A flag from where my ancestors settled and carved out their existence in the 1800's. The flag of the province of Newfoundland Canada.

Funny thing about Avtars. If you visit here and contribute a lot, eventually people tend to associate you with your avtar. I know I sometimes scroll through threads and instead of reading who made the post I see their avatar. I get familiar with and comfortable with the image associated with that person. Especially if I like what they contribute here. As well, we learn a little about their personality. We sorta make an on-line friendship with someone of similar interests.

Then a person may decide to change their avtar! For whatever reason. Then we lose that association. Initially we don't recognize that person any more. Confusion settles in. We read interesting posts. We see the name we know. Yet the visual connection is broken. Then we start to get familiar with that person again and quickly realize it's the same person we knew before. But still our brains are somewhat confused. We were programmed by the earlier avtar.

Dan German and Saxonbowman like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.