Telestrat 4-way with phase, 2 volumes and master tone

tzumb

TDPRI Member
Hi everybody!

I have been going at this for days, read fora, tried lots of stuff but I can't work it out. Will someone please help me with this?

I'm wiring a strat pickguard with a tele-ish config (hence I'm on the tele forum. if you want me to move to the strat forum that's fine. Just let me know.)

I'm trying to have the following options wired:

-Two single coils (A Mojo pickups teisco and guyatone)
-Each their own volume
-4-way switch: neck, neck and bridge series, neck and bridge parallel, neck (a different order like Baja would be fine too)
-Push pull for phase on the tone pot
-Master tone

I'm sorry to ask but even with all the information already out there I just can't figure it out!
A schematic would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

Twan

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity

There won't be a schematic for your exact setup.

Tackle it in pieces.

On a regular Tele, the neck pickup cover ground needs to be disconnected from the bobbin wires and a third cover ground wire soldered in. Check both your pickups against that need. It's in all the 4-way wiring diagram notes.

The two volumes could work if you wired the pickups to them and from their output of the volumes they go to the switch.

Find the schematic variations for wiring the 4-way switch. There is a diagram on TDPRI showing all four schemes. You might just use the common one for now (I use a slightly altered scheme, swap bridge and neck switch hookups and then rotate the switch 180 deg from the diagram so I get neck/parallel/bridge/series).

Don't try the phase switch for now. Get the rest working first.

Tuxedo Poly

Friend of Leo's
Good advice from jvin248
The Phostenix library is a useful resource. This diagram from there should get you in the right area, you can add the phase switch to the neck pickup later.

Tele_4-Way2V1T.jpg

tzumb

TDPRI Member
Thanks a lot! Ill try this next wednesday and keep you updated.
Would it make sense to wire the tone to the output? As a master tone?

tzumb

TDPRI Member
Worked like a charm!
Thanks for the advice and the schematic, gentlemen.
The client is very happy!