Teles Absolutely RULE

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DHart, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Gardo

Gardo TDPRI Member

Same old story, Never gave Telecasters any respect,until I discovered what they could do. I learned on acoustic and later went to hollow and semi hollow bodies. For years my only axe was a vintage jazz box and I loved it. I decided to get a solid body and went looking for a Les Paul,but came home with a Telecaster. I soon had no use for the jazz box and sold it.Never did find a Les Paul that I connected with.
    [​IMG]

coolidge likes this.
  2. Hokyjoe

Hokyjoe TDPRI Member

You told my story. I've had Les Paul's, sg's, strats of all stripes, Ibanez, and other makes. Now all I have are two tele's, a modern Player and my build Tele. It's something about that twang and simplicity.

DHart likes this.
  3. coolidge

coolidge Tele-Meister

Felt the same way about Les Paul's, lifetime Les Paul hater...then...found the one. Same story on Tele's, found the one then bought two more of the exact same Tele.

jim777 likes this.
  4. coolidge

coolidge Tele-Meister

What's not to love? :twisted:

tt06.jpg

Telebeestar, NicDo, DHart and 2 others like this.
  5. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

Yes, they do rule...

IMGP0111.JPG IMGP0114.JPG IMGP0119.JPG

6. hydra19

hydra19 TDPRI Member

With my first paycheck on my first job I knew I'd be buying a guitar at the end of the month, so I set to research which one I'd get - came down to a Tele because it was the mot versatile. Eventually I did get a Les Paul and Jaguar, Strat, Jackson USA Soloist, 4 Mosrites, SG and more Les Pauls. I sold the Tele after I got an arsenal of guitars. I find each is good at something, but I have bought an American Original 60's and am feeling the love. It does everything very well and I'm loving the light weight and simplicity. Also, the sound, it#s great, it's the guitar sound....I wonder if I'll be selling all the others back for Teles now that I've almost tried and owned everything out there.
    Everyone's got to have at least 1 tele, even if it's built for cheap

7. oopsimeltednitro

oopsimeltednitro TDPRI Member

I gotta say, what gets me is that its the the things that maybe you shouldn't like about them seem to be what I like. I shouldn't like the sharp edges and lack of gentle "used bar of soap" countours, but my tele wedges right in between my ribs (er gut) and plants it self just so. I shouldn't like the way the neck pup is like a ballerina and the bridge is a WWE wrestler, but I get used to the 2 being unbalanced. I shouldn't like how I'm constantly fooling with the tone pot to find that microscopic sweet spot that wakes my rig up juuuuuust so, but I do. The 3 barrel should annoy you because it doesn't ever intonate a 100%, but the way I have mine set up sounds the "right sort" of out of tune. The list goes on, LOL. I have 2 very pretty decent strats (an EJ rosewood, prs Silver Sky) that are very "hi-fi" and I love to play them, but I always go back to the tele. For me, it's just the best guitar ever made on this earth.

Telebeestar and DHart like this.
  8. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Love Tele's, always have, ever since I picked one up years ago. It helped that Joe Strummer and Wilko Johnson played them, which was the first thing that came to mind. Loved Strat's too, but fell out of love with them, unfortunately. Jazzmasters, are my new Strat I suppose.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    mimmo likes this.
  9. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Agree 100%.
    Joe and Wilko are two heros of mine and jazzmasters are way cool!

Fendereedo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.