Telecasters bodies with a belly cut

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Really? All of them? I do not see that as an option, I do not see that mentioned anywhere, and it's not represented in the rendering of your guitar on the site. I'm planning to order a Mod Shop Tele and man would I be unhappy if it came with a belly cut. The belly cut goes on the belly not the Tele. imo.
I don’t own all of them. This is 2020 Mod Shop. You could call customer service. They are pretty responsive.
1653160956854.jpeg

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Depending on the wood, finish and options, Warmoth might be worth looking at.
At least compare the pricing of the bodies you are looking at to what you can get from Warmoth.
You can do a custom build or possibly find a body in stock in the configuration you want.

Here is a Warmoth/Fender partscaster I put together over the pandemic.
It has ALL of the comfort cuts, belly, forearm and heel.

20211120_001920729_iOS.jpg 20211120_001909790_iOS.jpg
20211120_001857506_iOS.jpg
20200701_172124937_iOS.jpg 20200701_172111355_iOS.jpg

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Looking to put together a partscaster and would like a Telecaster body with a belly carve. Looking for traditional Single-Single pickup routing.

Which models have a belly carve?

I'm open to Squier, MIM fender, USA Fender

Thanks for the input

Most modern Teles are routed for a neck humbucker, middle single coil and bridge single coil, so anything you're going to find with a belly cut is likely going to have that routing.
Yeah pretty much any modern Tele will be routed for single, hum regardless of what pickups it has. So if you're planning on changing the pickups, the pickguard will cover any excess routing. Here's a pic of the pickup cavities on a 2019 MiM Player Tele with the classic 2 single coils.

Resized_20200423_214222 (1).jpeg
BtrscthTele1.jpg

Last edited:

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Really? All of them? I do not see that as an option, I do not see that mentioned anywhere, and it's not represented in the rendering of your guitar on the site. I'm planning to order a Mod Shop Tele and man would I be unhappy if it came with a belly cut. The belly cut goes on the belly not the Tele. imo.

Not sure about all, but a lot of the ones I've seen have them, take a look on reverb... it's not an 'option' so it might depend on what options you choose as to what base model body is used?

If you are planning on ordering I would absolutely contact them first.

Toast

Tele-Afflicted
Looking to put together a partscaster and would like a Telecaster body with a belly carve. Looking for traditional Single-Single pickup routing.

Which models have a belly carve?

I'm open to Squier, MIM fender, USA Fender

Thanks for the input
I don't know which ones have it or not. Mine does (American Deluxe 2006 with S1 switch- I like that too). I love the belly cut. I don't like uncomfortable guitars. I don't care how good they sound or what year they were made. If I'm going to buy another guitar, I demand it be comfortable and sound good. There's no reason not to have both, unless you're a collector.

Censport

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Just get an aftermarket body (Warmoth etc.). There's nothing special about a Fender body.

Depending on the wood, finish and options, Warmoth might be worth looking at.
At least compare the pricing of the bodies you are looking at to what you can get from Warmoth.
You can do a custom build or possibly find a body in stock in the configuration you want.

Here is a Warmoth/Fender partscaster I put together over the pandemic.
It has ALL of the comfort cuts, belly, forearm and heel.

View attachment 985767 View attachment 985768
View attachment 985769
View attachment 985770 View attachment 985771
That's what I did for my heavy metal "Esquire" build. No regrets. Well, sometimes I regret not getting it in Graffiti Yellow.

charsquire_on_red-jpg.691629

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
My 1993 MIJ Fender Telecaster Deluxe has the belly cut.

Attachments

• 174497799_838095647126290_1119315081555710243_n.jpg
    174497799_838095647126290_1119315081555710243_n.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 5

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
FMIC sez: "The Mod Shop Telecasters are standard cut."

Which I take to mean no belly cut.

Interesting .... There seems to be loads around with them, I wonder if they had a whole load of cut bodies they needed to use up from a discontinued model with the belly cut or something?

Or maybe everyone just moaned about it so they stopped with the belly cut?

That's pretty curious....

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I wish i could find a body with vintage bridge mount and both belly AND forarm cut like a strat. The arm cut is even more important to me because i have found it's what make it easier for me to play strats due to the different angle of my forarm due to the cut. Even after playing mostly teles in the last 10 years i still can't play them as well as a strat. But bodys like that are impossible to find even tho there are some out there because i've seen em.
If you’re open to ideas…check out schecter. I’m sure they’ve had a pt with both cuts. Ps…they’re fantastic guitars.

stomped box

Tele-Meister
Interesting .... There seems to be loads around with them, I wonder if they had a whole load of cut bodies they needed to use up from a discontinued model with the belly cut or something?

Or maybe everyone just moaned about it so they stopped with the belly cut?

That's pretty curious....

Dunno but seem there'd be headaches if you were sending belly cuts out with no forewarning, no notice, no option.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
9e12e2b1b6e458b1eea20dddbd31bb66-1024-80.jpg.webp
Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus has a bellycut. I have this guitar.
They were made in China and you probably could get a used one cheap.

I'd use extreme caution, trying to utilize a body from this "Modern Player" range. Some of these use a 22 fret, no overhang neck and body and are not compatible with the usual Squiers, nor compatible with North American Fender pieces parts.