1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Telecaster wiring

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by JohanM, Jul 27, 2020.

1. sdfstudios

sdfstudios TDPRI Member

I think you can use the Texas Special pickups for country. In fact, I believe that is THE sound a lot of modern players are using since the 1980s. Through a Fender amp on the clean channel and through a good compressor, like my Whirlwind Red Box, I can get a very convincing country tone out of my American Special Telecaster. Sometimes I add a little drive with a Sparkle Drive and it still sounds great!

2. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Meister

Yes. And you get the series as we!l. The bypass wi!! Give you tone and volume straight out. No pots work here. The series is not chicken pickin style,but it's a great thing to have on a 4way switch. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. Nice to have. P90,hummish for singles. I like it a lot. It's just an addition to the stock 3 way. I, love the oop mod, yet it is not really not for chicken pickin for most. I put it in just to have it. Lots of things to consider. I have a 4way wired like above but with a p/p for phase. I really love the bypass mod too. Keeponpickin!

Tommyd55 likes this.
  3. Tommyd55

Tommyd55 Tele-Holic

I resisted going to a 4way for years.. Then I did it and wondered why I had been so stupid about not using it all that time..

4. smokey9701

smokey9701 TDPRI Member

Albert Lee could make a baseball bat with 1 pickup and 6 strings sound better than anything I could do.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.