1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Telecaster vs Johnny Marr Jaguar????

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by SamtheOwl, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Mekhem

Mekhem Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Necks are different.... JM-Jag is what I describe as a "Fat C", not U shaped or V shaped.

I have never played a Baja for that long, but the JM can do nice cleans and sounds awesome with some overdrive.

2. ducatihawk

ducatihawk NEW MEMBER!

I'm trying to decide on the classic player jag or spend hundreds more to get the Marr Jag.... both sound great but different...I have only played the Marr so far and its total vintage sound and feel with modern switching..those bare nukks pups are copies of his mid 60's jag they are not modern sounding at all, quite the opposite actually.

3. Mekhem

Jags are unique animals. I would go cheap until you know you can deal with the "Nature of the beast" so to speak. The scale and the 'plonk' can turn people off.

That said: I am a huge fan and love the JM-Jag. Its been my 'go to' guitar since it - finally - showed up.

4. ducatihawk

ducatihawk NEW MEMBER!

I can understand I've written 3 songs on my buddies JM Jag which he got in that orange kandy paint job...now I'm looking at the thin skin Jags as well or just do like I did with my hollow T and build everything to spec by hand! sheeesh...

I'm new here so I start by explaining I started discussing about jonesin' for a jag because I have the tele dept covered! I built (and lucked out it all came together for tele magic) a swamp ash hollow tele w mahog/rosewood neck and my special asymetric deep neck carve, callaham bridge of course, and a set of Harmonic Design vintage plus tele pups...with 11's just beasty fatness and chime :cool:

5. mal paso

mal paso Banned

The new Squier VM Jags are real nice. And real cheap

6. Ryan0594

Ryan0594 Tele-Holic

I'd go for the Johnny Marr Jaguar in a heartbeat!

7. Tele Savalis

Tele Savalis NEW MEMBER!

JM Jaguar

I got mine in July, its funny how different yet similar it is to the original, highly recommend

Attached Files:

8. Gareth John

Gareth John Tele-Afflicted

Stick a bigsby on the tele if you want a trem. buy the jaguar for the hell of it.

9. Mekhem

So is that a 65 (-ish) that you are comparing it to?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.