Telecaster versus Stratocaster Poll.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Digiplay, May 23, 2021.

Telecaster versus Stratocaster?

1. 1) A Tele looks better than a Strat, and a Tele sounds better than a Strat.

152 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. 2) A Tele looks better than a Strat, and a Strat sounds better than a Tele.

11 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. 3) A Strat looks better than a Tele, and a Tele sounds better than a Strat.

55 vote(s)
    22.1%
  4. 4) A Strat looks better than a Tele, and a Strat sounds better than a Tele.

31 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. myteleplaysjazz

myteleplaysjazz Tele-Holic

A Stratocaster is like an Italian Supermodel. Sexy curves, nice to hold, always looks great.
    A Telecaster is like a farm wife. A little rugged, but consistent and loving.

Kinnon09 likes this.
  2. arlum

arlum Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I selected poll answer #4 but, in truth, I own 3 times as many Telecasters as I do Stratocasters. I think the Stratocaster looks cooler and I love the Stratocaster 2 & 4, (RWRP middle pickup), positions for the best electric guitar rhythm tones available to my taste. That said ...... my relation ship with the Telecasters first came about by my desire to master the darn thing. It presented me with a challenge that made me a far better player on all my other guitars. More recently, I don't stand up and play anymore. Age and health has made me a sitting position player and Strats, (with their round edged body), can be a pain in the ass. While they may be the most comfortable guitar to play standing up, the Telecaster stays put on my leg much better and allows me better control of what I'm doing. Plus ..... I love the surprise on a listeners face when my Tele sounds better than the other guys Les Paul, JEM, 335 or whatever. I'm a fan of "wolves in sheeps clothing".

Digiplay likes this.
  3. Archtops

Archtops Tele-Meister

I can’t choose. They each stand on their own. Not better just different.

Kinnon09 likes this.
  4. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

this reminds me of when we were kids ,
    " I Superman used his super powers could he beat up Godzilla?"

5. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Afflicted

Isn't that kind of a loaded question for this forum?

6. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Afflicted

So far, 93 members who like Strats don't think so :)

7. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Afflicted

I like the both as they have their own characteristics. I have a dozen telecasters and I have about a half dozen Strats. I have voiced them all different so each one has its own merits. I try to give them equal love, but there are some that just have that one little extra thing.

8. markbastable

markbastable Tele-Meister

GuitarsBuicks said: Isn't that kind of a loaded question for this forum?

You make a fair point. If we here at TDPRI represent the extremist wing of Telecaster owners, it's a bit worrying that in this stronghold of Telepassion, the Strat commanded such shameless support. I mean, with those numbers, you wouldn't want the Tele to be your guy in a Presidentlal campaign, would you?

9. Kinnon09

Kinnon09 TDPRI Member

IMG_20210526_114657.jpg I have 11 strats a 68 Audition. Harley Benton LP copy. No tele yet so will say my blue strat:D:D I am going to get it now:oops:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.