Telecaster to Broadcaster wiring

RedTelecaster

NEW MEMBER!
Bought a Broadcaster harness from KD Paulus on reverb.com. Talk about incredible sound!!! The 3rd position sounds nice and clean, not muddy.
Highly recommended.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

Joe M

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not the Broadcaster wiring, but I've used a couple of his Esquire harness kits with excellent results. Replaced the "Full Throttle" wiring that was, to me, totally useless.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Bought a Broadcaster harness from KD Paulus on reverb.com. Talk about incredible sound!!! The 3rd position sounds nice and clean, not muddy.
Highly recommended.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

I bought a Broadcaster last year! LOVE the blend circuit and the #2 middle position!

SO many great tones can be coaxed out of this set up. I considered switching to classic Tele wiring just to see/hear what it's like but not really motivated to do so!

You struck gold son!

dhodgeh

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I just re-wired my AV 52 from an Esquire to a Broadcaster circuit.

Love the middle and rear 'blend' position. Gotta get another cap for the forward position. I have a .01 mfd cap in the circuit now, which is way too dark. Gonna try a .001 (or something thereabouts).

I really like the sound of the pickups without any tone loading circuit.

D

transmetro

TDPRI Member
Hi all, first post here though I've read a number of posts on this forum over the years.

I've done a search and this appears closest to my query although doesn't quite answer it.

Issue
I recently acquired a partscaster with a humbucker in the neck. It's a really nice guitar. I'm enjoying it, and I'm wondering if there's a way to mod it to give me the range of tones that would be most useful to me.

It has a push/pull on the tone pot to coil split the humbucker. I've got nothing against coil splitting per se, though it's not something I typically favour - if I want a SC neck sound, I'll use a tele with a SC in the neck. So I'd be happy to give up this functionality.

What I would like to do in its place, is retain the functionality of the regular 3 way tele wiring, but to have the option of 'Broadcaster mode' via the push/pull, with that engaging the tone pot as a volume control for the neck pickup. That way if the bridge is selected, I could dial in the neck to taste, Broadcaster style.

1. Can this be done?
2. Is it complex?
3. Are there any resources, wiring diagrams etc that you could point me towards?

I've done some basic wiring mods to guitars before - but this would be a step up from things I've previously done. So I'm hoping to tap into the wisdom of the forum to guide me.

Many thanks in advance