1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

TELECASTER SPECS

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by EXPLRGAB, Nov 24, 2020.

1. EXPLRGAB

EXPLRGAB NEW MEMBER!

I am new the desire to purchase a tele.....long time player...Grosh Retro Classic Strat and a R8 Custom Shop Les Paul.....i have been picking up some very good country and see the utility of acquiring one....The issue i have are the specs....NECK RADIUS..WHOLE STEP BENDING AND FRET WIRE FOR THE FEEL OF THE GUITAR.... THE TONE AND VIBRATO...NECK SIZE AND SHAPE....THINGS I AM EXTRAORDINARILY PICKY ABOUT.....THERE ARE SO MANY VARIANTS OF COMPOUND NECK RADIUS AND FRET WIRE.....I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN...ALSO THE BARREL SADDLES VS INDIVIDUAL ADJUSTABLE SADDLES FOR INTONATION...I STILL WANT CLASSIC TONE AND VIBE I JUST HAVE NO TERMS OF REFERENCE REGARDING NECK THICKNESS..I CONSIDER MYSELF TO HAVE SMALL HANDS AND DO NOT LIKE HUGE NECKS...MOST FENDER NECKS ON STRATS ARE OK. KNOWING WHAT TO BUY IS OFTEN MORE THAN HALF THE BATTLE.....I HAVE LOOKED A BIT AT RON KIRN TELES.. AS I LIVE IN FLORIDA....ANY GUIDANCE CONCERNING THESE ISSUES ...AS A PRACTICAL MATTER....WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL AS I ATTEMPT TO SORT IT ALL OUT....QUALITY IS A MUST...

carpenter likes this.
  2. carpenter

carpenter Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Guitar store play them all see if you bond. And welcome

EXPLRGAB likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.