Telecaster Select HH issue

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by FrankLuke, May 21, 2014.

1. FrankLuke

FrankLuke TDPRI Member

Not sure if this belongs here. I bought the Fender Select Tele HH - Picture attached. The Sweetwater picture IS my Tele-not a generic pict. The guitar is great except there is a buzz (not the 60 cycle hum) Pretty loud, goes away almost completely when I touch the strings. I plug my Single coil strats in with same cable, same everything and NO buzz?

I am confused. Sent it back to Sweetwater, they said they fixed it. I got sick, it sat under my bed for a while (months)

Now I took it out and Buzz city. I have rad that it's normal, I've read it's a bad ground. This also has a type of S-1 switching which changes the tone of the buzz, but not the volume.
    Sorry for the long winded post, BTW, Fender has not responded to my emails.
    Thanks
    Frank

Attached Files:

2. euro

euro Tele-Holic

Without hearing the buzz, it is hard to make a call, but if you have any good tech in your area, I would take the guitar to him. It might just be a poor ground wire issue which is easily fixed. If it is more then that, and the tech can find the answer, if the guitar is still under warranty, you might decide to call Sweetwater, and explain the situation.

I deal with them and they have always done right by me.
    Good luck with it in any case. That is a beuatiful guitar! I played one just like it at a local store. It was a stunning piece.

3. dsginzen

dsginzen Tele-Meister

I'd be calling either Sweetwater or Fender again. It should have been fixed the first time. No - for that amount of money, it should have been right from the get-go.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.