1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Telecaster Pickup for heavier sound (more like P90)

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Asgard, Jan 20, 2015.

1. dmarcus30

dmarcus30 Tele-Holic

Consider a flatpole bridge pickup made with alnico 3 magnets and slightly overwound.

2. Linc Gray

Linc Gray Tele-Holic

Bill Lawrence Tele Noiseless are ideal for your search IMO. Contact Becky

3. Linc Gray

Linc Gray Tele-Holic

Interesting that you have asked what amp is he using. I find the Lawrence Noiseless perfectly suited to a 5E3 (Tweed Deluxe in my case) for a P90 sound.

4. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

I have a set in one of my teles. They are sweet! I have several guitars with their pickups. Great bang for the buck. Several of my guitar repair clients have also bought from Rose and are very happy with the pickups.

5. wmsimpson

wmsimpson Tele-Holic

^^^^ this ^^^^

I just ordered the HWY1 TX TELE LEAD pickup (Fender part # 0063082000) from Angela Instruments LLC (no affiliation), and installed it in my ESP Ron Wood Tele. Absolutely wonderful sounding pickup, just like I remembered it to be in my old HW1TT.

If you want a bridge pickup that sounds more like a P90 than a stock Tele Single Coil, you need look no further. A real bargain at $60 and change.

6. Darrylc534

Darrylc534 TDPRI Member

I ordered the Q-filters on Sept. 14th 2014 along with a set of L-600 pups. I eventually got the pickups in December. I also ordered a set of noiseless single coils in October and only got the bridge pickup in December with the L600's. She had answered the couple of emails that I sent earlier, but she hasn't answered the one that I just sent her last week. I also order and received a set of the noiseless pups back June of 2014. Those only took about a month to get. I love them, I am wanting to put another set in a build that I just finished. I understand that she is running a small business which I am happy to support, and I was worried that something might have happened. I will give her a call. I think that her pickups are the best value in a quality product that can be found. Thanks for responding.

7. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Forgot about that. Haven't used it, but I have Zhang pups in two Teles and a Strat, more vintage type pups. They are freaking fantastic, so I'd expect no less out of this suggestion.

8. Broadmoor74

Broadmoor74 Tele-Meister

Great. I might look into those. BTW, do you have issues with noise with the T-90?

9. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I picked up a set of these today for a hundy..:cool:

they look hotter that your average Tele set...:twisted:

any thoughts on these?...

Attached Files:

10. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Game over!

11. Asgard

Asgard TDPRI Member

Impossible to know. She should however start sending out confirmation becasue my order is a perfect example of that it's indeed needed.

When you're located in Europe calling is not an option.

12. Asgard

Asgard TDPRI Member

I've tried the Fender Noiseless Tele-set and did not like it at all. Shrill and not nearly enough distortion than P90 or QP so for me it didn't work.

13. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

14. Asgard

Asgard TDPRI Member

15. elelpe

elelpe Tele-Afflicted

QP fails you? and thin? Wow, it doesn't sound like QP at all. That said, check Pre B1.

16. Asgard

Asgard TDPRI Member

I think I said "thinner", but either way it doesn't sound smooth and fat at all like a P90. I would say they are totally different pickups. Thank's for the tip, I'll check it out :)

Guys, I got around to playing a 2010 MIM Tele Standard and compared to my 2014 MIM Standard I think the 2010 sounds a lot better and fatter. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Am I only hearing things that aint there?

17. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

No more than any other single coil. They are rw/rp so they do hum cancel in the 2 & 4 switch positions on my 4 way switch.

18. Asgard

Asgard TDPRI Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  19. xhqm4457

xhqm4457 TDPRI Member

Dimarzio "Chopper T" will give you that P90 thing and without hum. Had one a few years ago when I was looking for the P90 sound.

20. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

Exactly! I got a Super Paul Bunyan from David back when I was in a heavy-ish band. My Tele more than held it's own against my LP loaded with a Duncan Custom. I'm having him wind up a SPB for the neck position. Can't wait!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.