Telecaster neck pickup ?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Blue vista, May 27, 2020.

1. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

HaHa!

Sparkly must be a word! I use it all the time in describing pickups that I like the bright tone quality of. :lol:

And, I like the Cavalier Lion King very much, myself. Especially when pairing it with a volume pot that measures a good 250k, if you appreciate "sparkly" tone quality from a Tele neck pickup.

A good number of pots labeled 250k can actually measure as low as 220k, the lower actual resistance limiting the high-end frequency transmission of tone from the guitar strings.

And, running a No-Load tone pot is another wonderful way to gain some high-end "sparkle" from a guitar that may not be quite as "sparkly" as you might wish it to be.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's

Hey thanks Blue. My bridge pup was made by Fezz Parka (dont know his real name), a long time member here. Has become a lurker for reasons unknown.

I found him in Strat Talk a few year ago so if you have questions he may help but he no longer makes any pups afaik.

I initially told him I wanted something vintage like a Broadcaster type. I believe he made something as good. I love the sound. Very spanky and clean but can really grind away in overdrive.
    He suggested the Twisted as complimentary to the bridge pup.

Why I'm making you read all this.
    Cheers

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  3. Blue vista

Blue vista TDPRI Member

Hello to everyone,I just wanted again to thank everyone for helping me with my pickup selection,I learned a lot and I had no idea there was so many great choices.I ended up purchasing the pure vintage 64 set.Now the question is do I install the bridge as well?

Treehouse likes this.
  4. Blue vista

Blue vista TDPRI Member

The pickups arrived yesterday and I got them installed.My first thoughts were the neck pickup almost had Stratocaster overtones it definitely fixed my muddy neck issue.The bridge is twangy without the ice pick.These pickups have transformed my Telecaster and I couldn’t be more pleased.

singlecoil and KW1977 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.