1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Telecaster lover questions for Gibson ES owners.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by imwjl, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Old Has Been

Old Has Been Tele-Meister

I've got a 1953 Gibson ES175 that I've had for 46 years. It can't be beat for what it was made for...a great jazz guitar. Beautiful tone and action. I think a Tele is more versatile, but it's hard to beat the tone of that single P90 neck pickup on the 175.

2. torresfan

torresfan Tele-Meister

I owned a couple of Gibson Les Pauls but I never warmed to their sound, I always loved the sparkling sounds you get from Fenders. I own a Strat and a Tele.

Then I came across the Gibson ES-335. With a little fettling with my amp, I was able to get the most incredible tones with the 335. More versatile than any Gibson solid body. I know this may sound like a no-brainer, but if you use Fenders only, the Gibson won't sound great through your existing amp set up, you have to fine tune to get the best from it. The pickups are significantly hotter than most Fenders.

I just picked up a brand new one this week. Everytime I pass it I look at it, pick it up and cannot believe that it's mine. It's one of "those" Guitars that you've always loved the look of, and the sound but never dreamed that you could own one some day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. inanevoyage

inanevoyage TDPRI Member

I generally have to tweak my pedal settings down when I play my American Deluxe Tele after the 335. Just the opposite experience for me.

Both are awesome though. I've been saying a lot that if you can't play almost any song in the world between those two guitars, the problem isn't the guitars...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.