Telecaster fully replaced by Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by RoCkstAr256, Aug 31, 2019.

1. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

My player tele had broken truss rod, i have sent it back to guitar center. Gotta love door 2 door service. I didn't take long, after 7 days they brought me new one, thought they would just switch neck. They didn't its new one, i can tell from finish ands new serial number starting with MX19... :)

It works perfectly, i have to say that biggets impression were saddles that work so perfectly and softly. Although as replacement guitar came dirty and bridge didnt align with pickguard. I have taken of both and rescrewed them again, It aligns with bridge now. I got a bit weird when it didnt align after i unpacked guitar. Well i fixed it, also pickguard screws werent screwed tight enough. I believe Squier has better quality controll this years than Fender itself. My Squier SV strat had no flaws, none. I cannot understand how guitar with broken truss rod got throught quality check. What ever, it got replaced

I have checked everything a few times unscrewed bridge, pickguard ,plate to see if everything is ok. it is okay.

Im happy it works, truss rod is not too tight not too loose. No finish dings or scratches like previous one had few black dots at back of body.

Pickguard has "Stracciatella" finish near neck pickup, guess a little paint work gone wrong. It looks somehow cool, i cant take photo of it due to sunny day in here in Poland.

If i ever will play jam session or gig in future. I would buy second same one just to keep one clean. Im obsessed with blue guitars with shiny maple neck.

I love how all these Fender teles can have really low action without buzz, couldnt do that on any other guitar. At the moment i like it 2 mm at 12 th fret but will lower it to 1 mm soon

Short sound check here, m4a file : https://ufile.io/bb6nvjmj

A few photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couldn't resist,, bought Daphne Blue Fender cable to match its colour haha

2. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

Bully for GC!! Dig that color, what's it called? Similar to pelham blue on Gibsons.

3. jamesepowell

jamesepowell Tele-Meister

Agree. Never thought I'd want a blue guitar. Nothing against them, just never thought that way. But that blue? I just might.

IMadeYouReadThis and verb boten like this.
  4. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

I agree, i had a blue LP jr for a very short while until Sweetwater agreed to an even trade for black (long story) but it was a faded finish, which doesn't look real good in any color. That blue tele is superb. Congrats on a beauty, @RoCkstAr256 !

5. RoCkstAr256

Its Tidepool Blue, it is some kind of mix of lake PLacid Blue with Aqua Icy finish

verb boten likes this.
  6. RoCkstAr256

Go for it, its bang for th ebuck MExican Fender PLayer Series are really worth 650

7. Mick Sullivan

Mick Sullivan TDPRI Member

Nothing more beautiful than a Tele and its amp.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  8. IMadeYouReadThis

IMadeYouReadThis Tele-Meister

I don't mean to dampen the excitement, but I wonder what happened to the other instrument?

I had a similar incident when my Epi SG arrived with a broken headstock. I got a new one from GC, no charge, but the broken one got thrown out back. It wasn't a particularly expensive guitar, but your Player Tele might have had some parts worth salvaging.

I don't know... just a thought

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  9. RoCkstAr256

True mate, love the way it looks with boss katana , bought matching blue cable for it.

Althought at first i had to realign pickguard and bridge to make it look perfect. Moved about a mm both to align. Cleaning took some time to, top part of neck and headstock was covered with brown or amber liquid.

No dings or scratches anywhere

@IMadeYouReadThis

They get repaired and go back to the market . For sure with new neck

10. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Nice.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  11. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Where I come from, it’s called coffee. Nectar of the gods.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  12. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

Very nice guitar.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  13. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I'll chime in with my congrats and with how much I like the color as well.

Lets just say that many years ago there were more than a few salvageable guitars and amps discovered by dumpster diving behind Guitar Center. I don't know that to be the case anymore.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.