Telecaster for sale scam!

Ash Telecaster

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter

gip111

Tele-Meister
Oh, just got the sob email on his mom being in a terrible car accident so he wont be in California NJ for the next two years. The guitar is boxed and ready to go via FedEx Carlton,,,huh?

Ash Telecaster

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
How can I report him?

I don't remember exactly but you can do it.

I put a couple PA amps up and some scammer tried to hussle me. I logged a complaint with CL and the FBI. I don't know if it did any good but I sent the scammer the links to both web forms and told him I reported him. Never heard from him again.

SKEsq

Tele-Meister
Is he not just in Califon? Maybe his phone is autocorrecting to California. The road listed in the map is in Califon.

gip111

Tele-Meister
I don't remember exactly but you can do it.

I put a couple PA amps up and some scammer tried to hussle me. I logged a complaint with CL and the FBI. I don't know if it did any good but I sent the scammer the links to both web forms and told him I reported him. Never heard from him again.

I'll check into it. Im not worried, the guitar already sold and I hope no one is gullible enough to fall this. Also I think we should be careful about taking any close up shots of serial numbers and such when selling.

SKEsq

Tele-Meister
I live near Califon and I asked him to meet me. In his email he specifically says California NJ and besides, this was my guitar!

Long day and I missed the part where you said it was a sale you did. There goes that part where it could have been plausible.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
How can I report him?

On the very page we were all linked to - at the top "Flag this item".

This is done for Non USA guitars, mis identified as USA, etc.
California NJ counts for the same.

Peace - Deeve

The Ballzz

Friend of Leo's
I live near Califon and I asked him to meet me. In his email he specifically says California NJ and besides, this was my guitar!

Do you know for sure that this isn't someone who ended up with the guitar you sold on CL and simply decided to use the good pics you had already taken? And remember, some folks are just stupid, not even realizing the correct spelling and pronunciation of the name of where they live. Maybe he's a kid who's friends all intentionally mispronounce/mis spell the name and he could care even less?

Just Askin'?
Gene

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
Nope. Not gonna touch this one. Not with a 10ft pole. I’m sure some of y’all remember the green SG “new in box” but pics were taken outside in a dirt covered trailer park (not judging. But also can’t say new in box) but the post said it was red. Lol yea… I’m a little ******* and thrive on scammers. Sooo I need to learn to be nicer.

Buuuuuut to use someone’s actual pictures. Not some stock google one. That’s extra shady.

TeleTucson

Friend of Leo's
Califon, NJ is a happenin' place. The downtown is like you got transported back in time to Mayberry, RFD and Opie is going to walk around the corner of Rambo's Country Store on Main Street, Califon.

Joking aside, it's a beautiful slice of "high country" hilly NJ where horses intermingle with cars on the winding, charismatic back roads.

The story is that the town was called California back in the day, but to fit the name on a train station sign, way back when, somebody abbreviated it and it stuck.

I guess this scammer never got the memo and kept the original name from about 1870.

gip111

Tele-Meister
Do you know for sure that this isn't someone who ended up with the guitar you sold on CL and simply decided to use the good pics you had already taken? And remember, some folks are just stupid, not even realizing the correct spelling and pronunciation of the name of where they live. Maybe he's a kid who's friends all intentionally mispronounce/mis spell the name and he could care even less?

Just Askin'?
Gene

Dude, give me some credit! This was listed days before I sold the guitar. Also he says in an email the guitar is packed and ready to ship in Carlton, Trinidad Tobago, it gets better!!!

gip111

Tele-Meister
Califon, NJ is a happenin' place. The downtown is like you got transported back in time to Mayberry, RFD and Opie is going to walk around the corner of Rambo's Country Store on Main Street, Califon.

Joking aside, it's a beautiful slice of "high country" hilly NJ where horses intermingle with cars on the winding, charismatic back roads.

The story is that the town was called California back in the day, but to fit the name on a train station sign, way back when, somebody abbreviated it and it stuck.

I guess this scammer never got the memo and kept the original name from about 1870.
I occasionally do some cycling int hat area, yes, just as you mentioned.

The Ballzz

Friend of Leo's
Dude, give me some credit! This was listed days before I sold the guitar. Also he says in an email the guitar is packed and ready to ship in Carlton, Trinidad Tobago, it gets better!!!

Sorry "dude!" :D I read in your original post: "copied pics of a previous sale I did on CL" so I guess I just naturally (but mistakenly) assumed it was after your sale. I often try to give the benefit of the doubt and consider that what might be assumed to be evil, is simply people being people by being lazy, stupid or both!
Happy Holidays To You & Yours,
Gene