1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Telecaster experts, which model is this?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Frank'n'censed, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

It's undoubtedly a Squier, I believe they were set necks, but I can't see the headstock...thanks.

Attached Files:

2. JayJ

JayJ Tele-Afflicted

3. Frank'n'censed

4. Lazer

Lazer Tele-Meister

I got one, 2006 or 2007 special I believe. Korean build nice quality, fat tone almost sg-ish. Skinny neck and super flat fingerboard 16'' I believe.

Cheers
    L-zr

5. Frank'n'censed

Everything sounds good except for the skinny neck...unlike the ladies, I like 'em chunky.

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Well, it is manufactured side by side in Surabaya with Squiers. I feel it has some similar feel, similar DNA to the Squiers.

7. Lazer

Lazer Tele-Meister

Mine was made in Korea, it is far superior to any Indonesian build I've seen. It's a shame if the production moved.

8. Rich1212

Rich1212 TDPRI Member

If it has twin humbuckers, it aint a Tele. it just has a body shape like one.

real teles have one up front and one in the back.

9. boris bubbanov

Yeah, when the big highly mechanized Cortek plant in Surabaya got going, they really curtailed the manufacturing there in the old facilities in S. Korea. Used to be on the Korean guitars they'd be marked as inspected by (and then they provided the inspector's name). We don't know the name of ANYONE at the plant in Indonesia and that bothers me, frankly.

About the superiority, some of the Special Edition models out of Indonesia are better in some ways but just lousy, unplayable instruments as a whole. However, I felt there was a dramatic improvement in the G + L Tribute products, at least the premium version ones, as that production went from the one Cort plant to the other. And if you wanna compare Squiers, as good as some of these newer Indonesian models are, the Korean made Pro Tones are still the standard once production left Japan.

The retained value or resale value of used Korean made Fenders and Squiers has been deplorable. Because each guitar and bass made at the Indonesian plant costs so much less to make than the same guitar in Korea, the retail price can be lower; there's room to lower the price and still make profit - so you could buy a new Indonesian version for less and it would sell used for at least as much as the Korean used ones had.

10. boris bubbanov

Well, this guitar is surely not for chicken picking.

I remember these pickups as being hot. When someone else was playing one of these; trying 'em out in the shop, NEVER were they plugged into a Fender design amp. They were usually plugged into Marshalls. ;)

11. JayJ

JayJ Tele-Afflicted

I can attest about that; I just purchased a ASAT Deluxe and it is wonderful to play.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.