Telecaster Deluxe Template

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by dawnofzion, Jan 12, 2009.

1. dawnofzion

dawnofzion TDPRI Member

Does anyone happen to have a Telecaster Deluxe template? I am going to start a new project and I am in need of one. Thanks.

2. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I don't, but it wouldn't be hard to make from Terry's PDF file. It's the same body as a normal Telecaster (maybe with the weird 70s bits if you want to be accurate) but with a Strat neck pocket.

The pickup routes template wouldn't be too hard to make depending on whether you need the bigger wide-range HB holes that are the same depth as the neck pocket. There's a lot of pickguard real estate to hide behind with the routes for wires and pups.

3. scubadoo

scubadoo Tele-Afflicted

I made one for a '72 Custom type build using the PDF's on the Fender website and fitting it to either Ed Hawley's or Terry Down's CAD file. Then i just drew around the pots to get the control cavity and switch cavity. I also used it to make a template for routing a pickguard. Not hard to do at all if you have the right software. If you're not a CAD user, just resize the PDF using a known dimension and print it out 1:1. You can then use that to draw on to make a template.

4. dawnofzion

dawnofzion TDPRI Member

I am an architect, so I am a CAD user. Which files are you talking about that you used? Could you send me a link or something? Thanks.

5. scubadoo

scubadoo Tele-Afflicted

That's the one. I've made three from it and they worked out great.

6. dawnofzion

dawnofzion TDPRI Member

I was told that the telecaster deluxe body is a little larger than a standard telecaster. If this is true I may need someone that has one to trace around the body and the routes.

7. scubadoo

scubadoo Tele-Afflicted

Not sure but seems unlikely to me, that would mean changing all the CNC about at the factory but I'm sure there are those here that can answer that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.