Telecaster binding size?

Guitarnut

Friend of Leo's
well, i need to know, because im switching out the binding on one of my teles.

Get yourself one of these and check the current bindings...$3 at Sears. Scale from .020" to .100". Hold it on top of the binding, flush with the outside of the guitar. Look at the inside edge of the binding and just rotate it untill it flushes up.

Spark Plug Gap Gauge

Peace,
Mark

EDIT: Unless you're changing sizes...I wasn't sure from your post.

Last edited:

esquire09

TDPRI Member
about this wide......

Attachments

• DSC04751.jpg
    DSC04751.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 520

Beebe

Tele-Afflicted
Reviving this thread. Anyone know what size binding Fender uses / used on Teles?

Freeman Keller

Doctor of Teleocity
I have no idea what size Fender uses but I find that I like 0.080 for wood binding and 0.060 for plastic. 60 thousands plastic should bend around the horn but will require a little heat. I frequently add a few lines of 0.020 purfling depending on the guitar.

Ronkirn

Doctor of Teleocity
.09 is generally the thickness of laminated binding. .06 is typically seen in single ply.. while there are exceptions... that's usually what ya see... so now, the pedanticists need not start "thumping", preaching that they saw a guitar that has .058 binding...

archtop_fjk

Tele-Afflicted
.09 is generally the thickness of laminated binding. .06 is typically seen in single ply.. while there are exceptions... that's usually what ya see... so now, the pedanticists need not start "thumping", preaching that they saw a guitar that has .058 binding...
Is .058 before or after scraping and sanding? ;)