1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tele335

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by telemcCaster, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telemcCaster

telemcCaster Tele-Holic

The pickguard makes it easier to play for me. I can rest my hand there and get a landmark for where to strum. Also, the switch is easier for me since I just slide my hand over and there is the switch.

Attached Files:

2. 00JETT

00JETT Tele-Meister

Gorgeous!! It complements well

3. proffett

proffett TDPRI Member

That has to be one of the best looking tele's I've ever seen... I love the mix of 335/Tele DNA. Sounds good, too, at least as far as I can tell through my little internal PC speaker at work...
    Can't wait to see it after its finished!
    Great work...
    I'd like to see one with full size P-90's in it... maybe black with antique cream binding, pickguard and soapbar covers?

Dan

4. MaxL

MaxL TDPRI Member

looks good, I assume in real life, it sounds even better than in the clip.
    Ken @ Roadhouse is the man, he's working on some p90 hybrids for me, too. Just, a different form factor.

5. telemcCaster

telemcCaster Tele-Holic

Thanks 00JETT, I wasn't sure, I lost my perspective from looking at it too much. I tried to design it quickly without thinking, which can be a disaster...

6. telemcCaster

telemcCaster Tele-Holic

Profett, Thanks a lot! It means a lot coming from a tele guy and a fellow Denverite. I am originally from there. I am drawn to black also, maybe soon, we'll see.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  7. telemcCaster

telemcCaster Tele-Holic

Yes it sounds much better in real life, the throbbing, raw power of hand wound pickups played through a tube amp...

Ken is so easy to work with. His pickups have a nice clarity to them that I like.

My 18 year old son was playing it today, cranked-up, high gain and it really had the juice.

8. proffett

proffett TDPRI Member

If you ever get back this way... bring one of those guitars along for the ride...;)

What part of Denver are you from?

Dan

9. telemcCaster

telemcCaster Tele-Holic

I am from Englewood. I have a big family there, my wife is from Michigan so we live here now but I really miss Colorado. :(

I will bring one when I go for a visit, but sadly it won't be for a while.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  10. telemcCaster

telemcCaster Tele-Holic

I am going to post the finished #1 photos over on the Home Depot where I should have posted this whole thread. Here is a teaser.

I decided to go with a cherry finish for this one. I also opted for an aged appearance so I antiqued the body.

Finishing schedule:

Trans tint dye to body. Scrape binding.
    Black paint to neck after taping off fingerboard.
    One coat of True Oil to bring out some figure.
    One coat of True Oil tinted with honey amber trans tint, wipe off binding. It stays in the small crevices and adds age.
    5 coats of lacquer.
    Sand off neck from neck.
    Scrape away some finish where there would be excessive wear.

And here is the HD link.http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-depot/255301-telecaster-es-335-finished.html#post2993045

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  11. telemcCaster

telemcCaster Tele-Holic

Tim Miller from The Great Lakes Guitar Company finished the first prototype that was built in this thread. He has a video showing different players with different styles showing off the guitar. Unfortunately (for me) he is always so busy and often on tour as a guitar tech that I haven't even got a copy myself yet. Go Tim!

Attached Files:

12. telemcCaster

telemcCaster Tele-Holic

And a couple more of Tim's photos. Including the Scorpion guitar he built for Kenny Olson.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.