Tele or a Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Willy Took, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Congrats.

Willy Took likes this.
  2. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Edit:

I responded with more talk about resale value, totally missing that a MIM tele was already bought!

Congrats! .. It looks killer. I'm a sucker for warm colors like red and orange .. enjoy it! :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Willy Took likes this.
  3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Steve, the guy in Sweden bought a brand new one, a 2016 or 2107. Your description of an early MIM is arguably correct but that was 20 years ago and I don't think FMIC was importing those to Europe, then.

++

++

Anyway, I tend to buy what I like and won't buy what I don't like no matter how good a value it is. But, I know price will have some impact and since I really don't know what prices these guitars can be had for in the shop in Sweden, my advice is sort of conditional. Since Sweden doesn't to my knowledge have a huge trade imbalance with China, if I was there and the Classic Vibe was 65% or less of the price of the MIM Standard, I'd be sorely leaning towards the CVC. On the other hand the CVC neck is pitifully thin and limp - I guess I'd end up buying the MIM or something with an even larger, fatter neck.

Congrats to the O.P.! May I ask, what was the price differential (in percentage) between the MIM and the CVC? Much obliged!

Willy Took and soulman969 like this.
  4. Willy Took

Willy Took TDPRI Member

Thank you, it is a great guitar. Very different from my affinity Tele. Great sound from that but weak. Maybe I change the pickups later this year.

The price for a Squire classic vibe custom is 573 Dollar. And a Fender standard Telecaster is 646. Not such a big difference, and you can always trade with the guitar shop guys. And these days, more or less, they behave quite descent LOL.

WT

5. MyLittleChicken

MyLittleChicken TDPRI Member

Well... I'll say save some bucks for the US later... you'll never regret the wait... the US is for a lifetime once you get it. I recently bought an American Standard Tele from 2004 and it sounds just awesome compared to the cheap versions I used to have ( both MiM and Chinese )

6. MyLittleChicken

MyLittleChicken TDPRI Member

ho. you already bought the MiM... half the good choice. congrats anyway... but you could have bought The US for 700€ 750$ or so used in perfect shape. I found mine at 700 € and in perfect shape not even a mark on the pickguard

Willy Took likes this.
  7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm shocked those prices are so similar. I'd go with the MIM, no doubt about it.

8. Willy Took

Willy Took TDPRI Member

Yeah, it is good idea to save money for att better guitar. A Classic 60´s Telecaster is about 800, classic baja Tele 900, American standard 1300 (Tele professional 1700) USD. But you know, I can´t play as I want to on an expensive guitar, stupid maybe, but expensive things has more "aura in a way and I treat them with more care than I really want to. Guitars around 400-600 is much more fun. It´s like a farmer in Ireland I used to know when I lived there in the 90´s - he had an expensive dog with a "royal" history, and he had an ordinary dog, nuthin fancy, just a dog. The royal dog was always in a cage howling and the peasant dog ran around happy just as dog should do. I told my girlfriend at the time that "that dog is the most unhappy dog in Ireland".
    The farmer wouldn´t use the expensive dog do in fear of whatever misery could happen to him. Same with guitars. Even dough a howling guitar could be a good thing;)

Scuze me for rambling, but I think you get what I mean. Nevertheless, that black baja Tele is a wonderful piece of guitar, I just have to buy it next time...but before that can happen - a new porta and a better amp...

WT

9. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Willy Took likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.