Tele neck with Tek fingerboard - anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Flyboy, Sep 12, 2019 at 1:00 AM.

Tags:
  1. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

I've heard of these in the recent past (I am aware of the process of its manufacture) and think I might have a pop at one on evilbay. Anyone here got one/tried one?

2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Are you talking about Blackwood Tek? I wasn't aware that Fender/FMIC had tried them but I have played a couple of Reverends with them. Unfortunately I found them to have kind of a sticky/rubbery feel - I tried out a Club King 290 (bolt neck model) with the Blackwood Tek and a Warhawk 390 (set neck model) with it. I have noticed that Reverend dropped Blackwood Tek in favor of Pau Ferro this year.

3. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

It's not described as blackwood Tek but I think it must be. Thanks for your input; I'll give that purchase a bye

4. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

I wonder if my Michael Dolsey hollow Tele has that? I've been trying to figure out the fretboard wood, looks like smooth wood , , minimal grain, quite black like ebony.? Doesn't seem too bad...

5. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

I guess not according to this NAMM video, it's ebony.

Flyboy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.