Tele Neck Suggestions

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Spence61, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Spence61

Spence61 TDPRI Member

Greetings to all, I have an American Standard Tele with a Modern C neck, it has not been too comfortable for me to play as I find it boxy and I have some wrist pain to boot, curious if any one can recommend a slimmer neck either Fender or other. . I purchased a Gibson SG 61 reissue and it has slim taper neck which I find great.

I want to keep playing my Telecaster

Thanks in advance

2. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I don’t know that there is a fender neck smaller than a modern C....

Vibrolux59 likes this.
  3. urbandefault

urbandefault Tele-Meister

gwjensen likes this.
  4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Spence, I would recommend trying out some Americans made in 1999 or before. They did a quite slim C in those days; much thinner IMO than the Americans made in the last 20 years.

I'm afraid most of us here at TDPRI have been pushing really hard on Fender, to offer Fat, Fatter Still, and Very Fat necks. We haven't had the success I would like but we probably have made your life difficult. There's some "AV" models for the Early 1960s that are slim at the nut and taper a bit towards the 12th fret but I would bet they're all too thick for you. Your other choice would be to buy a MIM and get out your tools and shave the neck down until you're liking it.

I have my reasons for not buying Chinese products, but there is one, a Squier Classic Vibe, and those have very thin necks. You ought to check those "CV" teles out. Just bear in mind, if you try to tote a super thin necked guitar back and forth from The Mainland to Aruba, that neck is liable to twist like a pretzel.

5. K-Line

K-Line Tele-Holic Vendor Member

Dealt with these folks in the past. Best Guitar Parts

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.