1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tele Neck Replacement

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by guitarman1956, Jan 2, 2016.

1. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 TDPRI Member

I have an American Standard Tele that I like but the neck is a tad small. I also have a '52 hotrod where the neck is "U" shape I believe they call it. In looking around, the hotrod neck is way up there in price. Anyone know of a neck I could get that won't break the bank that is in the "U" shape category?

Thanks

2. Sneddo

Sneddo Tele-Meister

Check Musikraft. Their "chunky C2" shape neck could be close to what you are after. They don't finish them though. Would need to do yourself or get someone to do it.

3. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

4. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

Allparts TMO-FAT is a great neck but more like a Nocaster IMO. I'd vote for a Musikraft (I've had several).

BUT .... Don't sell the AmStd to pay for it. Save it for when you want to sell this guitar. Take me word (experience) for it.

5. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The Baja necks are out there in good numbers and should be a easy bolt-up for you, with minimal additional work. They have varying degrees of girth, from the few I've sampled. Some beefier than others, but a nice profile. An AllParts solution will require some fitting, drilling and alignment. I've used Warmoth necks with great results, also. They're pre-drilled, fit well and I order Corian pre-slotted nuts with their necks. You might have to deepen the slots a bit, but that's about all the work you'll encounter with a Warmoth neck. Their '59 Roundback is a terrific "U" shaped neck and with a 1 5/8" nut width should very closely approximate the vintage Fender profiles of that era. You can choose Vintage or Vintage Modern, depending on where you prefer the truss adjustment and number of frets. I like the Vintage Modern, since I do use the 22nd fret and like the easy access to the truss adjust. But, the '59 is by far my favorite Warmoth neck profile. So, I'd say Fender Baja or Warmoth '59, as my two choices.

6. dimojoe

dimojoe Tele-Meister

WD Music has some pretty decent necks right now, they have upgraded their line. I have bought both a vintage style strat and Tele neck. Vintage tint, drilled for vintage tuners, truss rod adjust at heel, full c profile with modern frets and 9.5 radius. Great prices if you go the ebay way. They also offer a chunky U profile. .96 to 1.0, but I believe those come with no finish.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.