Tele made in Indonesia Worthless?

Squiretele777

Tele-Meister
Thats what i was just told,tele squier thinline made in Indonesia are worthless,is this true? i was trying to sell it,,,brand new,,,took $150.00 off what i paid,had 3 people tell me their no good.TRUE?

Attachments

• TELE 2.jpg
    TELE 2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 191
  • TELE 4.jpg
    TELE 4.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 184

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I don't know @ Teles, but I have 2 guitars made in Indonesia that I love.
First is G&L Legacy Tribute (Strat). Yeah, I replaced the pickups, but that's pretty much it. And it's great.
Second is Hamer Special K (LP Special). This one was so well crafted and had great P90s in it that I didn't change a thing and it's also ... "great."
So I think it all depends on which Indonesian factory produces the guitar. Same thing when Korea was building all the low-end stuff: Some of the factories turned out great stuff, others not so much.
OK, so that was no help. But in the end, do you like the guitar? Then keep it and piss off the cork sniffers.

Squiretele777

Tele-Meister
I don't know @ Teles, but I have 2 guitars made in Indonesia that I love.
First is G&L Legacy Tribute (Strat). Yeah, I replaced the pickups, but that's pretty much it. And it's great.
Second is Hamer Special K (LP Special). This one was so well crafted and had great P90s in it that I didn't change a thing and it's also ... "great."
So I think it all depends on which Indonesian factory produces the guitar. Same thing when Korea was building all the low-end stuff: Some of the factories turned out great stuff, others not so much.
OK, so that was no help. But in the end, do you like the guitar? Then keep it and piss off the cork sniffers.
Yes,i love the guitar,all except the pickups,,it,s well made,nice neck,,yup i,m keeping it,,replace pickups,,,the rest is all good on it.

Mr. St. Paul

Tele-Holic
Per the serial number, your Squier was made by the Cort facility in Indonesia. The same place the Squier '51 guitars that so many people rave about were made at.

There's nothing wrong with guitars made in Indonesia. I had a Squier '51 and loved it. The only reason I don't have it anymore is I bought a Fender Modern Player + Tele that duplicated the features I loved on the '51 AND one of my best friends always coveted the '51. I sold it to him for what I paid for it and he's digging it to this day.

Squiretele777

Tele-Meister
They are just driving your price down. If it is not broken...
I do not have that particular guitar, but do have several made in Indonesia---all are nice guitars and I have had no issues with them.
It,s brand new,3 hours play time,lol,professional set up on it,,just the pickups are not much at all,,looks like a mod job.

stratisfied

Tele-Afflicted
Thats what i was just told,tele squier thinline made in Indonesia are worthless,is this true? i was trying to sell it,,,brand new,,,took $150.00 off what i paid,had 3 people tell me their no good.TRUE?

That’s when you take it and put it back in the case and say, “Yeah I can tell you deserve a better guitar than this, hit the road, Jack.”

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
I think all of my MII guitars are great players. That doesn't mean that if you bought a guitar for $179 that you should expect to get more than that in resale, but it's not like it's inherently bad because it's made in Indonesia (or China, Mexico, et al).

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Guitars don’t know where they are made. CNC machines don’t know where they are bolted to the shop floor. Whether the bit motors are supplied with 50 or 60Hz doesn’t change their cut. Is that what you’re asking? If the neck is good and the feel and tone is good it is a good guitar. You can set a blank and push the “”Start” button and make a beautiful guitar or a piece of junk anywhere in the world.

PhredE

Tele-Afflicted
There's nothing wrong with guitars made in Indonesia. I had a Squier '51 and loved it. The only reason I don't have it anymore is I bought a Fender Modern Player + Tele that duplicated the features I loved on the '51 AND one of my best friends always coveted the '51. I sold it to him for what I paid for it and he's digging it to this day.

<<<<< +1

Mine has a couple upgrades, but with the upgrades it is fantastic -- sounds and plays great. Doesn't look too bad also, but I don't get overly concerned with that.

Last edited:

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
That’s when you take it and put it back in the case and say, “Yeah I can tell you deserve a better guitar than this, hit the road, Jack.”
I have four Indonesia-made guitars. All play well. Three are Squiers, one is a Jackson Rhoads.

These potential buyers would have gotten “The Big GFY” from me. They were trying to leverage your inexperience to their advantage. You did well to resist their low-balling.

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
Dark phats..Alinco Magnets,,,over sized poles,from Dragonfgire,,,was thinking about these,and coil spliting them,any thoughts?
I have had excellent experiences with three Bootstrap pickup sets. Made In Ohio, USA. They are the best value in aftermarket pickups I’ve found.

One more thing: if you do order from Bootstrap, check with Ryan, the owner, what set(s) he would recommend for coil splitting. I’ve had experience with an Epiphone 339 Pro that was good, and it had usable tones when split. Almost all the coil-splitting configurations I’ve experienced other than that were disappointing. JMO.