1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tele into a Vox AC30 is as good as it gets (from old thread)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by jakaj, Nov 23, 2013.

1. jakaj

jakaj Tele-Meister

Not trying to resurect this thread in vain - just wanted to add that Anna Calvi first put me on to a tele and vox ac30 combo - though not country, rock or blues, but it is easily found on youtube and the sound is beautiful (she loves herself some reverb though)

2. jgmouton

jgmouton Tele-Meister

Would you say the clean tone through a A30 or AC15 is comparable to the clean tone through a Deluxe Reverb or Princeton?

3. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I wouldn't.

4. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

I think Dr. Z would fit that bill so perfectly, Tele in a Vox + other amps wrapped as well

5. J-bass&Tele

J-bass&Tele Tele-Meister

No. Another kind of awesome. =)

6. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

I don't have an AC series amp yet, but I do have a Li'l Night Train. I've been running it with a Kustom Defender 112 cab with a WGS Green Beret (Greenback copy) and it sounded pretty Vox-ish, but a bit more gain-y. I have a home made 110 cab and I just got a Weber 10" AlNiCo Blue Pup Speaker in yesterday. Now my LNT sounds like a vintage Vox. Vox'es are meant to be played through AlNiCo Blue speakers, the Greenbacks and VX10 just pale in comparison to a Blue. If you haven't tried you Vox through an AlNiCo Blue speaker (Celestion AlNiCo Blue, Weber AlNiCo Blue Dog (12")/Pup(8"&10") or even a WGS Black & Blue or Eminence Red Fang) you really missing out on the rest of the Vox tone.

My first strum on this speaker was with my Tele, there's nothing sweeter than a Tele through a Vox with a Blue speaker! It does so much to bring out the character of the Tele, it's simply amazing!

I brought this speaker cab to church with me this morning, so one of our guitarist who plays an AC15C1 could try it. It was love at first strum! Now this college student is trying to figure out how to get one for his AC15.

7. mrspag

mrspag Tele-Meister

My first tube amp was an ac15. It was a real struggle at first to find the right pedals and eq settings. After some frustrating time at gigs and practice I found the sweet spot. Fell for it so hard I bought an ac30 and have never looked back. Once you get the eq and tone cut right (depending on the guitar) it truly is an amazing tone that nothing can match. Les Paul, tele, or strata can play blues, rock, even some newer metal. It can sometimes sound harsh on its own, but when in a mix it's absolute perfection.

8. dirtythirties

dirtythirties TDPRI Member

This thread reminded me, yesterday, how much I like the vox/tele mojo. I ended up buying an cream AC15 with a G12m creamback tonight. Way tighter and more aggressive than the greenback. Bliss!

9. Dave_O

Dave_O Friend of Leo's

Been playing my MIJ 52RI through an AC30 since 1991. No argument here...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  10. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's

My 52AVRI into my AC15C1 is very nice.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.