1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tele Help !

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Garage Dog, May 15, 2018.

1. Garage Dog

Garage Dog TDPRI Member

I am setting up a Muddy Waters tele that I have had for some time.
    When I recieved the guitar the action was extremely high.I tried shimming it with a piece of buisness card.
    It did help some but the saddles were still bottoming out and adjustment screws were a pain sitting so high above the saddles.That is when I saw the shims that Stewmac sells. I ponied up recently and bought the .25 degree shim, worked like a charm but now the saddles seem almost to high but doable.My question is before I put everything back together I was going to install some comp saddles.The saddles I am looking at come in 1/4 and 5/16 any thoughts on which size would work the best.My thinking is where the saddles are sitting on the high side now I would be better off going with the 5/16 saddles.Any thoughts on this matter???????
    below is the link to the saddles I am think about.Yea or Nea??????

http://www.philadelphialuthiertools...ter-saddle-brass-5-16-offset-barrel-set-of-3/

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.