Tele from scratch - A Construction Diary!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by japasul, Aug 1, 2007.

1. japasul

japasul Tele-Meister

hello to all!

Hey guys.

Yes, this is me!

First of all, thank you ALL SO MUCH for the kind words here and yes, I still stop by from time to time to read some threads on TDPRI - from all the forums Ive visited in my life, this one continues to be my favorite... Something to do with the ambience, this warm reception that is given to all new members... well...

I have really been very very busy at school. Joining the Architecture Students Association as co-president took me some precious time too, but was something that needed to be done, in name of the quality public education of my school. Well, I'm already planning all my steps until graduation and after, since I should graduate in 3 semesters. Sounds like it could still take a while but I am already plannin a Masters Degree in Science after that (probably in Political Sciences in Urban Planning). This will all require hard work and dedication, and thus my life as a hobby builder will have to wait a bit!

Now thanks to Schizotronic for finding me and telling me that "everybody was crazy looking for me"!

I really did miss this place, and I promise to try and hang around more often again.

About that video, I should clarify:
    -As you know, I study Architecture at the Public University of my state (one of the best Arch. Schools in Brazil), but the public schools suffer from lack of funds and bureaucratic administrative problems.

-The school building has a beautiful terrace, on the second floor, that opens up to the campus's inner courtyard. For administrative problems, though, the terrace was being used FOR STORAGE of old furniture, and was blocked to everyone.

-We then gathered a couple of people that played music and rehearsed ONE TWO HOUR SESSION and, the next day, literally invaded the terrace. 15 other people helped us carry all the equipment and after a quick setup we were playin, hanging a banner to the courtyard that read (UN)USEFUL SPACES. Due to the quick setup, we couldnt EQ and there were microphonics like hell, but we got our point across!

Right now we are undergoing a time of discussion about the buildings future, and we think our action opened up the eyes of the other students to several issues that go on on the public education system. The current school director, a woman, was actually pleased with our action, since she took on the office with the main objective to correct several of these issues.

As for the tele, it is still my favorite guitar.

If you remember, I used acrillic sealant by accident on the tele. It was crap and after a few weeks it looked like crap. A couple of months ago, I ended up strippin her down to the nitro coat, and painted somethin cool on the front... I'll post a pic soon!

When this painting is too damaged, I will probably refinish the whole thing... Righ now, I have a very "non-material" mentality and don't care much if she looks shiny or dinged up... The thin is this tele feels so good! I will try and post a video, too! Or a mp3 clip...

Again, thank you all for the kind words and for readin this thread! And for HELPIN ME BUILD MY FAVORITE GUITAR!

Cheers

André Ripoll

2. tuuur

tuuur Friend of Leo's

Hey, welcome back! This is one of the most inspiring threads on TDPRI, and surely made me more confident in continuing to build. Nice to see you around again!

3. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Hey! Glad to see you back!

Another of the videos shows a bit longer glimpse in a couple spots:

4. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

That really scares me to no end. Playing electric guitars with a rain drizzling down is asking for a permanent frizzie hair-do, and much more. Don't ask me how I KNOW!! Good to see you back on the forum. One of the most unique and understated threads going. Best of luck, Andre.

5. Schizotronic

Schizotronic Tele-Meister

So, dude, you're back. I know it's against the rules but let's japasul translate it:

É ISSO AÍ, MOLEQUE!! Tem que se arriscar, tem que tumultuar, tem que fazer a diferença! Quando eu tinha sua idade, fiz umas coisas assim também no Mackenzie, onde me formei. Minha primeira guitarra feita "de cabo a rabo" foi em uma aula no meu curso de Publicidade, onde usei um material que vocês arquitetos conhecem bem. "Papel Madeira" ou "Papel Paraná", manja.
    Boa sorte com a graduação e continue com essas intervenções. Hoje em dia dou aula na Uniban, mas minha casa é a USP. Conheci vários alunos da graduação da FAU, dando aula de semiótica. Como é bom saber que tem gente da sua idade que realmente honra o ato de ser cidadão. KEEP ROCKING.
    Avise quando estiver em São Paulo! Se fosse antes, te convidava pra conhecer meu atelier, mas ele foi desativado quando me casei...

Take care.

6. telideli

telideli Banned

When did the British police get there to shut it down?

7. Schizotronic

Schizotronic Tele-Meister

LOL!!!!!!

8. liamurwin

liamurwin Tele-Meister

great work! really enjoyed this thread, very inspiring!

9. Reverend D

Reverend D Tele-Meister

Haha, watching the video again, they should have played 'Get Back' (Beatles) that would have been priceless..

D.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.