1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tele from DH gate

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Krunoslav, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Krunoslav

Krunoslav TDPRI Member

Anyone ever bought a guitar from DH gate? Is it worth the risk? They are really cheap, I thought getting a tele and mode the hell outa it.

2. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

No. They are fake.

3. blue17

blue17 Tele-Meister

I can't imagine you're assuming that it's a real Tele, but I'm sure it will fall under the "you get what you pay for" adage.

4. Krunoslav

Krunoslav TDPRI Member

Nono, fellas. You misunderstand me. Yes, I know they are fake, of course. I am thinking more in the lines of craftsmanship, finish, frets, neck... You know. Cause if I get a good body and solid hardware for lets say 200 €, and add another 70 to switch pups... If the paint yob is ok, and I do not have to refret it, it is still worth it. Cause they do come in some hard to get, beautiful finishes. Since I am no eye-catcher, at least the guitars must be beautiful:D.

5. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

save yourself a headache and get a Xavier from GFS or a Hadean from RondoMusic. At least they're consistently mediocre. you might get away with just minor fret levelling

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. Krunoslav

Krunoslav TDPRI Member

Yeah, but they do not come in such nice finishes...

7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I bought an Xavierre from GFS and it was outstanding. It did need fret leveling and dress, but the finish and paint were beautiful. (Seafoam Green, in my case) The hardware was good, the tuners were good, and the pickups sounded good. The only reason I didn't keep it was the neck was like a typical Fender neck....WAY TOO THIN for me. Otherwise, I'd still have and play it. Oh, and the price was around $180 or so. If I had had any confidence the body would have fit a Warmoth "fat" neck, I would have kept it.
    This was a couple years ago, so I can't attest to how they are now.....your results may vary. ;)

8. Deaf Eddie

Deaf Eddie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

DH Gate is a Chinese version of eBay - LOTS of different vendors and manufactures, some good, some not so much. It's a pig in a poke...

nojazzhere likes this.
  9. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Afflicted

Quality pro set up on a cheap guitar, does wonders

10. doblander

doblander TDPRI Member

I bo't a Jaguar from dhgate. It looked pretty good in the picture. I took a chance because the price was nice. I expected problems. The finish was bad! I rattlecanned a new one. The wiring was ridiculous, incomplete. I got a local guy, he did a very good job of correcting the wiring. The neck, the pocket the hardware, the pots were all perfect. I wound up with a guitar that I'm really pleased with. It cost me well below the price of a new Squier equivalent. I would do this again because project guitars are my passion. So in my opinion if you order from dhgate you have to PLAN ON doing stuff to make that new guitar into what you were hoping for at time of ordering.

11. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Tele-Meister

No, it's an actual guitar.

Not sure exactly what you mean. Considering this is in "Other t-types", it's already understood it's not a Fender produced or licensed body.

So, what exactly are you pointing out to be fake? Or did you miss that this wasnt posted in the official Fender Tele subforum? Had it been posted there, you're "it's fake" comment would be easily understood. It's not though. <shrug>

12. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

Don't get wound up. DHGate sells counterfeit guitars. I would not support them even for a non-badged tele.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.