Tele forearm and body contours location

Avri

TDPRI Member
Greetings all-
I picked up an unfinished Tele style pine body recently and want to add tummy cut and forearm contours. Any diagrams or location suggestions out there on shape and where to locate these as a starting point? Is just mimicking Strat contours the way to go? Thanks for any suggestions or tips on this.

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's

You can peruse this website for pdfs that you can download and print out full size for all kinds of different shapes and styles of contours.

When I did my first body I just referenced another guitar I had and tried to copy the shape. Now I d9 my contours far deeper than fender does because that's how I like it. I bring the arm contour up further because on a fender my arm inevitably rests right on the corner where they contour it. So I do it how I like it. And you can too!

RolandG

Tele-Meister
Regardless of what manufacturers do I would work out where you need it. Your forearm position will depend on strap length and neck angle, and where you like your right hand to be. Ditto belly contour. Play your guitar and mark up your positions with bits of tape. Then draw some lines and get cutting.