Tele Build with Seymour Duncan P-Rails

Dbrian66

TDPRI Member
Hello! I haven’t spent much time on this forum but I have had fun today exploring this cool world of Teles! I wanted to share a Tele build I did last year. If you spend any time over on Squier Talk, you might recognize it!

This project started with a neck and a set of pickups. Santa brought me a set of
P-Rails one year, but I didn’t have anything to put them in. Then I came across a really nice Squier neck, so a Tele build seemed like the logical thing to do.

932844D0-AFD0-4AB2-8538-71E5888199E6.jpeg

I found an ash body and all the hardware I needed on eBay and the mock up happened as soon as all the parts arrived.

FE5BC439-74C8-4F21-B793-6226C358E542.jpeg

D9E44607-FE61-4925-AD39-DE493A71647A.jpeg

The pickup selector is just a regular 3 way switch, but I added two mini toggles to switch the modes of each pickup. The guitar has a lot of versatility.

I was planning on doing a baby blue solid color, but I found some stain that I liked and started applying that. Got it to where I liked it and then sealed it all up with
Tru-Oil. I really like how it turned out.

E4C4A460-70B3-4CBF-9697-C67926A2FC3B.jpeg

It was a fun project and I ended up with a guitar that I really like. It’s comfortable (although the ash body is heavy), easy to play, and sounds great!

91EB6F1B-FC59-4CEC-A4FF-40FB8FD924FB.jpeg

68Telebass

Friend of Leo's
Hello! I haven’t spent much time on this forum but I have had fun today exploring this cool world of Teles! I wanted to share a Tele build I did last year. If you spend any time over on Squier Talk, you might recognize it!

This project started with a neck and a set of pickups. Santa brought me a set of
P-Rails one year, but I didn’t have anything to put them in. Then I came across a really nice Squier neck, so a Tele build seemed like the logical thing to do.

View attachment 977808

I found an ash body and all the hardware I needed on eBay and the mock up happened as soon as all the parts arrived.

View attachment 977809

View attachment 977810

The pickup selector is just a regular 3 way switch, but I added two mini toggles to switch the modes of each pickup. The guitar has a lot of versatility.

I was planning on doing a baby blue solid color, but I found some stain that I liked and started applying that. Got it to where I liked it and then sealed it all up with
Tru-Oil. I really like how it turned out.

View attachment 977811

It was a fun project and I ended up with a guitar that I really like. It’s comfortable (although the ash body is heavy), easy to play, and sounds great!

View attachment 977812
That looks great! I love the color you got…

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Sweet! I have a P-Rail that may end up in neck position of my HH T (the current pickups are way too hot). I may pair it with a Filtron type at the bridge.