1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tele build moving forward

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by rooboo, May 21, 2018.

1. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

Telecaster build moving forward. The shipment with the bridge been stuck in customs since like forewer. The rest of it is pretty much done though. Really looking forward to play it for the first time.
    Swampash body. Maple neck, baseballbat fat. Gotoh vingate tuners. Spray canned nitro Fiesta Red. Waiting for a Gotoh bridge with in-tune saddles.

Pictures on link below:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi9izL_jNTP/

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  2. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

Beautiful. Can you show some close up pics?

rooboo likes this.
  3. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Lovely looking, I like it!

rooboo likes this.
  4. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

o_O The shipment with the bridge been stuck in customs since like forever.
    What? why? are we afraid of the dreaded terrorist exploding Telecaster bridge pickup, did you buy it from the GRU?
    Call the Trumpster he'll fix it for you.:p

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  5. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

It's a dangerous Gotoh bridge I bought from Stewmac. I live in Sweden, it's stuck in customs here. We don't really trust the Trumpster I guess ;)

chemobrain and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  6. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

Sure, in a day or two…

7. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I’m looking forward to it.

8. chemobrain

Of course you know how biased he is about Norwegians...which might bring into question his rationality, not that there is anything wrong with Norway, anymore than there is anything questionable about fast talking flim-flam New York grifters selling real estate in the Florida Everglades with swimming pools.

rooboo likes this.
  9. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

Hm… Norway, Florida and fast talking New York grifters… nah, you lost me …:)

chemobrain likes this.
  10. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

Very nice. I know that swedish customs and imports can be a problem. I sent a friend there a telecaster a few years ago. it took weeks to get through customs and ended up costing him a couple hundred dollars to pick it up.
    Where in Sweden are you? I've spent a lot of time there. (And am fairly fluent in Swedish)

11. chemobrain

start with the trumpster and his representing for Norwegian emigration. It is rumored that Swedes and Norwegians in the northern mid west wisconsin north dakota, michigan,south dakota have a friendly but long standing dispute over subjects like, intelligence, sex appeal best and worst tasting traditional dishes, best/worst drivers, whose children are the ugliest, which group in middle age can really qualify as being shaped like russet potatoes, a friendly on going competition regarding such things.
    The part about fast talking flim-flam New York grifters selling real estate in the Florida Everglades with swimming pools is a perspective on how some New Yorkers (though certainly not the Prez), are referenced by both the aforementioned groups. do you understand ? hmmmm?

12. zorgzorg2

zorgzorg2 Tele-Meister

Hmmm, I also live in Sweden, would be interesting to exchange some tips on where we get our supplies from... for gotoh tuners for example, I found a Japanese seller on eBay ordering directly from the factory.

13. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

Hej! Gotoh tuners köpte jag direkt från GMF som sitter i Gävle.Tips om du inte känner till dem. Då slipper man allt strul med tull etc. Även gitarrdelar.se är bra. Dom sitter i Blackeberg i STHLM. Men just det stallet jag ville ha hade varken GMF eller Gitarrdelar.se så jag fick beställa från Stewmac.com Det var den leveransen som fastnade i tullen. Men den kom igår!!!

https://gmf.jetshop.se/machine-heads/gitarr-6-in-line/6-inline-kluson-gotoh-nickel-h

14. zorgzorg2

zorgzorg2 Tele-Meister

Tack för tipsen! Jag kände inte till GMF, ska kolla ! Jag fick också köpa ett gotoh stall från USA, men som tur var gick den inte genom tullen :)
    Men nu är det bara att fortsätta, eller hur ? ;)

rooboo likes this.
  15. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

Well kind of… ;)

16. Robert.II

Robert.II Tele-Meister

Funny.... I was following along quite well, until the Swedish was broken out. I must say, I saw your latest Instagram post.... and the guitar sounds good! It also looks good to, nice job on the build!

rooboo and chemobrain like this.
  17. chemobrain

instagram? I didn't do it said dick emphatically, Neither did I, insisted Jane (Spot Growls in disapproval)
    In my house growing up with swedish heritage we specialize in Swedish and Norwegian jokes as a sign of love and unity.

I'm happy you like my humble efforts. I am bedroom groomed and trained I have no Idea of what I'm doing and like it that way.:oops:

18. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.