Tele bridge sizes

sdcb27

Tele-Meister
So I'm messing around with a tele copy I have had for years. I assume its old squire parts someone branded into a tele. Putting Tex Mex pickups, bone nut, as well as the different bridge because I dislike the current one. It seems YEARS ago I had seen some squires with this long bridge or maybe a very old MIM. NOHTING lines up, other then filling the gap and re-drilling ferrule hold does anyone know of a 3 saddle bridge with this length? Im not sure that the bridge pick up length is actually to Fender specs but Ill look into that tomorrow. Altho the bridge is a bunch thicker then the new one with brass,though that is a sidenote.
I mostly use this guitar as a drop slide guitar and that is fantastic for it, pretty much the only thing its good for although the cheap neck pickup does a pretty good impersonation of a P90. I'm basically messing about with it until another tele I am waiting for gets in..
Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• 676963418.jpg
    676963418.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 676963309.jpg
    676963309.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 42

gsh1968

Tele-Holic
Might be one of those has 3 mounting screw holes, the other has 4.
View attachment 994175
I wish people would stop posting this picture - it is wrong. The pickup position is the same on a vintage or modern Fender Telecaster body. The string through and mount holes are in different positions. There's no point trying to line up the string through holes!
I've attached a scale drawing of a vintage spec layout with the US standard/series layout overlaid in red.

Attachments

• Vintage-Tele-bridge-US-std-holes-overlayy.jpg
    Vintage-Tele-bridge-US-std-holes-overlayy.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 54

peterg

Tele-Meister
The Gotoh modern bridge string through and mounting holes line up with the vintage bridge’s.
62C5C82A-73ED-4A54-AEA3-A9F54B830527.jpeg

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
So I'm messing around with a tele copy I have had for years. I assume its old squire parts someone branded into a tele. Putting Tex Mex pickups, bone nut, as well as the different bridge because I dislike the current one. It seems YEARS ago I had seen some squires with this long bridge or maybe a very old MIM. NOHTING lines up, other then filling the gap and re-drilling ferrule hold does anyone know of a 3 saddle bridge with this length? Im not sure that the bridge pick up length is actually to Fender specs but Ill look into that tomorrow. Altho the bridge is a bunch thicker then the new one with brass,though that is a sidenote.
I mostly use this guitar as a drop slide guitar and that is fantastic for it, pretty much the only thing its good for although the cheap neck pickup does a pretty good impersonation of a P90. I'm basically messing about with it until another tele I am waiting for gets in..
Thanks for any suggestions.
Is the 6 barrel bridge in this pic, the one you want to replace? Does the Tele body you have, seem to have been made for that bridge - so that its’ STB holes align with that bridge? What kind of bridge do you want on it now?

sdcb27

Tele-Meister
Is the 6 barrel bridge in this pic, the one you want to replace? Does the Tele body you have, seem to have been made for that bridge - so that its’ STB holes align with that bridge? What kind of bridge do you want on it now?
Yes it is . Yea it seeems like it.

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
I wish people would stop posting this picture - it is wrong. The pickup position is the same on a vintage or modern Fender Telecaster body. The string through and mount holes are in different positions. There's no point trying to line up the string through holes!
Agree, and so here’s a picture that should have that more useful perspective, while suggesting one solution. I’ll assume the OP is interested in a vintage-like bridge, since he posted a picture of one.

F67B63A0-C3DD-4E46-BB94-CA22D87E127F.jpeg

The straight edge under the bridgeplates places the pickup holes in parallel.

A bridge like the one that came off yours is the middle one. It was a ‘90s Squier Standard Series Tele. The one on the left is off a Fender American Standard Series Tele. Last, on the right is a Kluson hybrid bridge, made to fit such an American Standard Tele.

The mounting screw holes are in a very similar if not identical position, but the STB holes are in a different location, nearer the bridgeplate southern end on the Squier, and nearer the neck on an American Standard. However, there appears to be enough room on the Kluson, that STB holes could be drilled in it (the bridgeplate) so that it will fit on a Tele like yours, with no drilling required on the Tele body.

Last edited: