Tele Bridge Pickup Height Screw Thread Size

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Teleblaster196, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Teleblaster196

Teleblaster196 TDPRI Member

Hi, can anyone verify the thread size for he height adjustment screws for the bridge pickup on a tele? I know that on certain later USA Fenders the neck pickup height adjusters are 5-40UNC.

Looking at the ones I have and judging by the diameter of them, am I correct in thinking they're 8-32UNC?

Tim

2. Bootstrap

Bootstrap Tele-Meister Vendor Member

We use 6-32, and I’m pretty sure that’s the standard for most USA-spec T-style bridge baseplates. I’ve seen some import baseplates that use a similar size metric screw, but I’m not sure what the thread size is for those, only that they don’t fit our flatwork dimensions or 6-32 height adjustment screws.

3. Teleblaster196

Teleblaster196 TDPRI Member

Great thanks for the info, I stopped an earlier thread upon joining this forum about experimenting with different metals for a baseplate. - The only detail I was unsure of was thread sizes!

4. TimTam

TimTam Tele-Holic

5. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

I have two imported bridge pickups that have metric screws. They're M4-0.7, which is slightly larger. The springs/rubber tubing used with 6-32 screws won't fit them, either.

Bootstrap likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.