Tele bridge pickup cover!!!!

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Rich in UK, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Rich in UK

Rich in UK TDPRI Member

I know - I'm gonna get it from all over... but, does anyone know of a cover for a Tele 'bridge' cover?
    Reason I ask is that I'm 'remaking' a cheap Squier Tele into something very individual. I've put a 'quilted 1/4" top on it, stained the top golden honey and sprayed the back/sides black. All the hardware is gold (bridge, tuners, control plate and neckplate. The pickups I have are Fender, bought off ebay, but I've replaced the neck pickup with a Lace P90 - the Fender bridge pickup remains. The P90 cream cover will be replaced with a gold one I've found here in the UK. Now, I'd like to put a gold cover over the bridge p/u.
    Yep, I know - why - what - huh? So, just asking - is there such a thing?

Glad to join the circle:) I've never had a Tele, never liked 'em, but for some reason, after some 60 years I've 'discovered' them and now I want my own model - and I don't care who knows it...

Thanks for your interest:))
    Rich (in name only!)

2. YoGeorge

YoGeorge Tele-Afflicted

No room for a wrap-around cover.

Piece of gold foil or plastic over the top? Put a gold ashtray bridge cover on the guitar? I assume you will wear a gold lame' suit when you play the guitar...

3. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

I use a gig bag, seems to work ok..[emoji848]

4. YoGeorge

YoGeorge Tele-Afflicted

Aha...I just remembered that Rio Grande does their bobbin tops in different colors and they will do a gold sparkle cover on a tele Tallboy bridge pickup. It will still have the silver magnets showing. Not gold plated, but it definitely has the gold color to it. I'd still just use a piece of gold foil or something and some doublefaced tape....

riograndepickups.com

uriah1 likes this.
  5. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

if you just want the bridge pickup in gold buy some gold leaf and glue it on the magnets and bobbin. then a thin coat of clear.

6. Rich in UK

Rich in UK TDPRI Member

Thanks George:) Just wondered if there were any ready-mades. I have some gold leaf I'll try. We'll see what happens... Cheers, Rich

7. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

Have you considered a lipstick pickup?

8. Rich in UK

Rich in UK TDPRI Member

Thanks SE, but the original Fender p/u is the sound I want - but it's a thought for any future projects:)
    Regards
    Rich

9. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Just the tops. Rio grande IMG_3897.JPG
    Dup post..sorry

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  10. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Were you wanting to cover the entire bridge? The bridge cover for Precision and Jazz basses will work in many applications, and can be had on the cheap in several finishes, m5EW0fVUzXjYva-0XHnaOeQ.jpg including gold.

11. Solaris moon

Solaris moon Tele-Meister

I'm thinking that you want a PICKUP COVER - not an entire BRIDGE COVER, right? Try cutting a gold humbucker cover down to size. Get one with no holes. Trace out the pickup, then cut around the outside edge, as close to your line as possible, then file the rest down to size, then glue it with 3M spray adhesive so if you change your mind it won't be too hard to remove. Just my two cents.

12. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.