Teisco Pedals

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by MilwMark, Sep 5, 2019.

1. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Is anyone else using them? https://teisco.com

They are great. I don't like pedal. I don't like switching pedal. And I LOVE Boss pedals.

But these are so good, I think they will kick several Boss pedals off my (modest - 4 pedals) board. Which I never thought I'd say.

The delay hooked me first. Because it does something I've never found before. It is (1) a delay, (2) a delay with modulation and (3) a stand-vibrato pedal. I can turn down the Delay repeats and time to zero, and the modulation still works. And is excellent. So that one knocked off the DD-3 and the CE2w. Oh, and it can make insane noises if desired.

Which freed up space to add a Fuzz. I hate fuzz. I've never been able to use it effectively. But this one is (1) quiet (very low noise floor), capable of sounding musical and freaking out, (3) has an octave that tracks really well, can be turned off and (3) is capable of insane noises when playing 4 or more notes together. It is so great that I overused it tonight. But that is ok. My typical process is to overuse things/overplay at bit in the beginning, to see what works and what is essential. Then pare way back.

I liked these so much that on a lark I tried the Boost. Which I quickly came to believe is loosely EP-3 based. It is like someone took a Clinch EP-Pre and an EP-Booster, took the best parts of both (24v, bass boost, treble boost or mild mid-emphasis) and made them all selectable by two toggles. And lowered the noise floor on both. While adding more gain range. Amazing.

I tried them at rehearsal tonite and the guys kept looking over with approving grins. They never look at my board so they had no idea the pedals had changed. They just liked the sounds and the ideas those sounds were generating.

The best part? They are like $120. Feel very solid. I'm very happy with them.

No affiliation. They just seem to be flying under the radar so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

uriah1, jimash and artdecade like this.
  2. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

Great. Just great....
    ;)

MilwMark likes this.
  3. zammie

zammie TDPRI Member

Thanks for the heads-up. Always love underdog pedals, expecially if they kick major butt

MilwMark likes this.
  4. SadCowboy

SadCowboy TDPRI Member

I was excited when I saw them demoed at NAMM but when I tried them, I found the delay harder to manage. It felt like the Fuzz Factory where I could coax sounds I liked out of it, but it was fussy about what settings it liked.

I like them aesthetically though. The custom enclosures are interesting. I dig the retro Japanese style paint jobs.

5. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

They look pretty swift.

6. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

I’m saving up for a Teisco fuzz. Needs me a crazy fuzz.

7. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

Fuzz description sounds Foxx Tone-ish.

8. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

That delay looks good but coming out at £150 here which is a price point with a lot of options for delay. Although nice paint job.

9. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Got a good deal on the fuzz just today. Can’t wait!

10. Modman68

Modman68 Tele-Holic

I tried the fuzz a few weeks back... really nice. With a tele, I was getting an interesting swell on notes depending on my attack.

It wasn’t what I was looking for right now (i went with a kingmaker fuzz) but I was very close to grabbing it. It was really fun to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Sleepyscholar

Sleepyscholar Tele-Meister

Pound price higher than the dollar price? Ridiculous! Mind you, Teisco are supposed to be a Japanese company and yet these pedals don't even appear to be on sale here. It looks like BandLab have just bought the name.

12. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

Sleepyscholar likes this.
  13. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Holic

for all the sounds it can get, thats a pretty good deal.

14. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Mine arrived two days ago and I noticed the same thing. There’s a split second swell depending on how you pick. It’s definitely a unique quality.

As far as the pedal goes, it’s definitely a Foxx Tone Machine derived circuit, the core fuzz is very big sounding and the octave is just nasty. Relatively quiet, though mine does pick up radio signals (though very very quietly, at least compared to some Fuzz Face style pedals I’ve had).

Love the design too, these things look cool and feel bomb proof.

I got mine used but mint for $99 on Reverb. I’m happy with it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.